IVF-Infertility.com home

How soon can you TEST???

Discussion group for all topics related to infertility including preparation for pregnancy, causes, investigation and treatment of infertility.

How soon can you TEST???

Postby Charmaine » Thu Oct 10, 2002 11:03 am

What is the earliest you can test? I'm on my 4th day of my 2WW and thought it would be interesting to test yesterday. Only out of curiosity- it was positive - anybody know if this is because of the pessaries or could it be a true positive.<br><br>Just interested - and also find the 2WW the longest ever<br><br>Take care all<br><br>Love<br>Charmaine<br><br>
Charmaine

How soon can you TEST???

Postby fiona_lk » Fri Oct 11, 2002 8:19 am

Hi Charmaine,<br><br>Believe me, I know how tempting it is to test really early, but its just not worth it. <br><br>The earliest would be 14 days after egg collection - that is when my af arrived last time. BUT I understand pessaries can give a false result on home pg tests. I think the result can be more accurate at the 14 day point with the hCG injection (which I have) but even so, there is still a chance of a false result.<br><br>Hope this helps<br><br><br>Fiona xxx
Me:36 Dh:46, ttc 5+yrs, M/F (96% abnormal).
13 unsuccessful Txs From 2000 [4xClomid (NHS), 7xIUI(d)s & ICSI#1 (MFS), ICSI#2 (MFS) Oct 02 (ectopic)] Natural pg Jan 03 m/c 5.5wks
ICSI#3 (CARE) +ve boy (Xander) EDD 21/03/04 - so excited!!!!!!
fiona_lk
Regular

Return to General Forum