IVF-Infertility.com home

To work or not to work?

Discussion group for all topics related to infertility including preparation for pregnancy, causes, investigation and treatment of infertility.

To work or not to work?

Postby tshepher » Thu Oct 17, 2002 1:02 pm

Hello All<br>What's the general feeling on what to do during the 2WW. Has anyone been told they should stay at home or have you been encouraged to return to work? <br>Terri
tshepher
Regular

Sponsor

To work or not to work?

Postby Michelle » Thu Oct 17, 2002 1:15 pm

Hi Terri<br>I've been thinking the same thing and asked some of the girls a while back. The response seemed to be mixed, but most of them usually took a few days off after e/t. I think that what I will probably do is take 8 or 9 days off work from e/c. Also interested to hear views of girls who have been through this.<br>I think you are a little ahead of me when do you hope your e/c will occur - mine should be around the 10th Nov?<br>Love<br>Michelle
Michelle
Regular

To work or not to work?

Postby Charmaine » Thu Oct 17, 2002 1:50 pm

Do anything to take your mind off it - I went back to work the day after E/T and can't get away from lifting and carrying as I have a very active 3 year old - who really dosen't understand IVF :). I have had to continue as normal - which basically means no rest. My consultant seems to think that you should try an have as normal a life as possible - <br><br>Hope this helps<br><br>Love<br>Charmaine<br>x
Charmaine

To work or not to work?

Postby fiona_lk » Thu Oct 17, 2002 2:30 pm

... and my consultant says there is nothing special you can do to make it successful, except pray to any 'Gods' you believe in ....<br><br>Fiona xxx<br><br>[Edited by fiona_lk on 17-Oct-02 15:30]
Me:36 Dh:46, ttc 5+yrs, M/F (96% abnormal).
13 unsuccessful Txs From 2000 [4xClomid (NHS), 7xIUI(d)s & ICSI#1 (MFS), ICSI#2 (MFS) Oct 02 (ectopic)] Natural pg Jan 03 m/c 5.5wks
ICSI#3 (CARE) +ve boy (Xander) EDD 21/03/04 - so excited!!!!!!
fiona_lk
Regular

To work or not to work?

Postby Charmaine » Thu Oct 17, 2002 2:44 pm

Just to pick up on what Fiona said - totally agree the truth is - if it works great - but if it dosen't its nothing you have done, and nothing more you could do<br><br>Thinking of you Fiona<br><br>Lots of love<br>Charmaine<br>x<br><br>
Charmaine

To work or not to work?

Postby DEBORAH » Thu Oct 17, 2002 3:38 pm

I have had my et today (17th) and I am off work till 28th, I want to give myself as much rest and a work-free stres-free inviroment as I possible can. <br>Having bed rest for 1st couple of days just in case the eggs fall out - HAHAHA, got to laugh when going through these stressful times.<br>But when you think about the "NORMAL" people who fall preg don't have any bed rest etc, etc.<br><br>GOOD LUCK TO ALL GIRLS WHO ARE IN 2WW.<br><br>LOVE DEBSx
DEBORAH

To work or not to work?

Postby fiona_lk » Thu Oct 17, 2002 3:56 pm

... Of course on every 2ww I have always given up my dancing/horseriding/gymnastics/TaeKwon Do sessions just in case - they say be sensible.<br><br>I reckon this is partly why I've ended up 2 stone heavier than I was when first starting treatment. I always eat the same way in the 2ww (perhaps an odd chocolate more :), even though doing less exercise and then times between treatment cycles have been too short for a diet to make much impact. Plus there is the comfort eating after the failures .....<br><br>Not yet heavy enough to be turned away from treatment, luckily.<br><br>Oh woe is us. Anyway, I'm still hanging in here, thanks Charmaine.<br><br>Love<br><br><br>Fiona xx
Me:36 Dh:46, ttc 5+yrs, M/F (96% abnormal).
13 unsuccessful Txs From 2000 [4xClomid (NHS), 7xIUI(d)s & ICSI#1 (MFS), ICSI#2 (MFS) Oct 02 (ectopic)] Natural pg Jan 03 m/c 5.5wks
ICSI#3 (CARE) +ve boy (Xander) EDD 21/03/04 - so excited!!!!!!
fiona_lk
Regular

To work or not to work?

Postby becky » Thu Oct 17, 2002 7:45 pm

Hello<br><br>now day 7 of my cycle..due to go in for e/c around the 11 November so getting excited....if all the rest goes to plan of course!<br><br>I was told to act normally...just no gym, no swimming, but walking and working as normal is fine. I have just taken off the week of the 11 November and I will see how I get on for the next few weeks when I get there.<br><br>Good luck....<br><br>Becky B
becky
Regular

To work or not to work?

Postby tshepher » Fri Oct 18, 2002 11:13 am

Thanks for all the replies. <br>With my history of MC, my clinic have said they will sign me off for the 2ww if it's what I want and I'm not sure what to do. In my other life I have to get-up somewhere betewwn 5:30/6:00am and don't get home again until gone 7:00pm. I'm stuck at a desk all day and whilst it's not the most stressful job in the world, it can get a bit sticky sometimes.<br>I just feel that if I stay home I can lie-in, get lot's of rest, get fresh air and cook myself healthy food etc but can't help feeling guilty as I'm not exactly sick am I?<br><br>Michelle, I'm due for EC on the 28th but not getting too excited just in case. Go for my first scan to see how the follies are coming along on Monday.<br><br>LOL<br>Terri<br>xx
tshepher
Regular

Return to General Forum