IVF-Infertility.com home

Anyone been to The Lister

Discussion group for all topics related to infertility including preparation for pregnancy, causes, investigation and treatment of infertility.

Postby paz » Thu Oct 17, 2002 1:08 pm

Dear All<br>I'm new to all of this.Please help!<br>We have been ttc for nearly 3 years I'm 29 hubby 25. We finally decided must find out what the problem is. I have had a couple of blood tests done at Dr's which the dr said were ok and hubby was asked to have sperm test which he did but hospital lost it.<br>I'm waiting for him to do this again but he is in Armed Forces so isn't around all the time.<br>I'm not that impressed with Dr. Do I need a referral letter to go to The Lister and will they do all the tests to see what the problem is or does the dr have to do this first?<br>Sorry to go on but very confused.<br><br>
paz

Postby SueL » Thu Oct 17, 2002 5:32 pm

Dear Paz<br><br>Why don't you call the Lister and ask if they require a referral letter or if you can go in for an initial consultation (£130)?<br><br>Have you looked at the Lister's web site? www.ivf.org.uk. have on their web site their costs etc and I think they do the tests! The only difference is that you'll pay for your tests at the Lister but you wont with your GP.<br><br>I've been at the Lister since April and had 1 fresh (chemical pregnancy), 1 frozen (chemical pregnancy) and going to test on 21st October for this fresh cycle. So fingers crossed. They have been brilliant!<br><br>Good luck<br>Love Sue
SueL

Postby Lissa » Fri Oct 18, 2002 1:01 pm

Hi there, yes I am doing my IVF at the Lister - in fact off there now for the millionth scan. They have been really good. I am seeing Jaya Parikh but I find you mainly see the scanographer or the nurses. Good luck and let me know how you get on. <br><br>Mel<br>
Lissa
Regular

Return to General Forum