IVF-Infertility.com home

How Many Follicles

Discussion group for all topics related to infertility including preparation for pregnancy, causes, investigation and treatment of infertility.

How Many Follicles

Postby Susi » Mon Oct 28, 2002 9:04 pm

Hi Everyone,<br><br>Am feeling blue after having first scan of stims ( day 7 ). The scan showed 5 follicles of usable size, 3 developing but who knows where they will go to. I had hoped for more follicles but was told that my age (38) was a factor in the quantity . I was wondering if anyone had any ideas of how many is good and normal ? Walked out feeling like there was no hope ... <br>Next scan is on Thursday 31st and am fearful about that one now too.<br>Any info on this would be really welcome.<br><br>
Susi

Sponsor

How Many Follicles

Postby beck » Mon Oct 28, 2002 9:27 pm

hi susi<br><br>hey i got 9 follies and 7 made it.........3 aint that bad you still have a few days left for them to get bigger, remember it only takes one embie.<br>good luck susi with thursday........fingers crossed they grow bigger.<br>keep us posted <br>beck x
beck
Regular

How Many Follicles

Postby DEBORAH » Mon Oct 28, 2002 9:34 pm

Hi Susi<br><br>I was like Becks I went for 1st scan and it showed 8 follicles then my 2nd scan showed only 10, everybody is different your follicles are just taking a little longer to grow, DON'T WORRY and keep you chin up.<br>Make sure you get every drop of your injections to help them follicles.<br>Good luck for thursday and keep posting we are your buddies.<br>LOVE DEBSx
DEBORAH

How Many Follicles

Postby Susi » Tue Oct 29, 2002 10:42 am

Hi Beck n Deborah<br><br>Am feeling better this morning, thanks for the words of support. I am trying to stay calm and positive and will let you know how Thursday goes. As you say, it only takes one !<br><br>Where are you in your cylces ?<br>S
Susi

How Many Follicles

Postby Michelle » Tue Oct 29, 2002 8:42 pm

Hi, regarding follicles how many is considered good/average (obviously some of these won't be as good as others)? I'm due for my e/c around the 18th Nov and was just wondering.<br>Thanks<br>Love<br>Michelle x
Michelle
Regular

How Many Follicles

Postby pru » Tue Oct 29, 2002 9:27 pm

It really depends. I had loads of follicles and they extracted 14 eggs however only five fertilised normally. 3 were transferred and the other 2 were not good enough to be frozen. This was because I have pco and tend to produce alot of immature eggs
pru

Return to General Forum