IVF-Infertility.com home

New and lost!

Discussion group for all topics related to infertility including preparation for pregnancy, causes, investigation and treatment of infertility.

New and lost!

Postby Savannah » Tue Oct 29, 2002 10:28 pm

Hi everyone,<br>I'm new to this site and I'm so excited I've found it! My Hubby and I have been trying for a kid for 2 years, not half as long as a lot of you guys, but it seems a life time. I have been on the clomid for 8 months now with no luck. Does anybody know what the next step is from here? I have kidney problems and I've been told that time is limited. Does anyone have advise on what I should be asking the doc? I was diagnosed with PCOS! Please help!<br>Thanks!
Savannah

New and lost!

Postby hayley » Wed Oct 30, 2002 10:43 am

hi savannah<br>first of all WELCOME to the site!<br>you will always have someone to turn to that knows exactly what you are going through! i was also on clomid for 18 months (not sure if that time is recommended- think they forgot about me) horrible stuff - i had terrible hot flushes and put on loads of weight but thought it would be worth it! no luck - they also told me that i had pcos and that my dh sperm count was normal. i then was referred to the royal in belfast for ivf as they new i had been ovulating on clomid and after that amount of time i should have fell pregnant. after 6 months of further tests in the royal they told me that i didnt have pcos and after none of my eggs fertilised with ivf they have told dh & myself that we are allergic to each other?????? and we are now waiting to start isci treatment in the new year.<br>sorry that there is no positive ending to my story (YET!!!!!) but i just want you to know that i completely understand what you are going through and if i can help with anything just let me know.<br>best of luck - keep trying (u never know)<br>luv hayley
hayley

New and lost!

Postby Savannah » Wed Oct 30, 2002 4:29 pm

Hi Hayley,<br>Thanks so much for the reply! I wish you the best of luck with the isci, please keep me informed on how it goes? It is interesting you mensioned this, I have kind of wondered if this could be a possiblity too? You know what it is like, you think of every reason known to man why it isn't happening! You know what they say, 'The best comes to those who wait!' WHEN!!! we do eventually fall pregnent, our children are going to be little angels!<br>Thanks so much again, Savannah
Savannah

New and lost!

Postby hayley » Wed Oct 30, 2002 4:43 pm

hi savannah<br>'little angels' just like their mothers! as you say our heads get carried away - how can jamie olivers wife and victoris beckham get pregnant when they have pcos??? maybe having millions in the bank helps!<br>have you had any updates from your dr as to the next step? how long are they going to leave you on clomid? sorry for all the questions but your journey sounds very similar to mine - would be exicting to be cycle buddies.<br>keep me posted<br>luv hayley
hayley

New and lost!

Postby Savannah » Wed Oct 30, 2002 9:56 pm

Hello Hayley,<br>It is so nice to talk to someone who has been through what I am going through! My dr's haven't exactly been forthcoming with answers on what to do next. As I mentioned, I have got kidney troubles, so I am not sure if IVF is an option yet? They said they would look at things in January? If I'm lucky! They told me last year when I first found out I had kidney problems that I needed to be pregnant before the end of last year, a year later they are beginning to sit up and take notice of my complaints! Why did they first tell you you had PCOS? Is that because you weren't ovulating? It seems strange to me that as long as you are ovulating, everything is normal! Mmmmm. My hubby's sperm count is fine, so everything is my fault! Do you ever feel that way? How exactly did they find out that you were 'allergic' to your dh????? Is that because everything else didn't seem to work? I think it would be fantastic to be cycle buddies!!!!! I can not say it enough times, it is so nice to be in touch with someone who knows and understands! The famous statements, 'RELAX'! If I could, I would!!!!!<br>See ya, Savannah
Savannah

Return to General Forum