IVF-Infertility.com home

FINALLY GETTING STARTED!!!!!!

Discussion group for all topics related to infertility including preparation for pregnancy, causes, investigation and treatment of infertility.

Postby heather » Wed Oct 30, 2002 9:11 pm

hiya all,<br> i cant believe it!! went to see doc today about possibly using a donor, and she has said yes, no problem!! We have decided to go for IUI, and have been told that we can start as soon as af arrives, which should be in the next few days!!! Now im just praying, for the 1st time in my life, for AF to actually hurry up..lol. I have been sent home with a little handbag full of drugs, my injections and everything. God this is so excciting. i never ever thought we would ever get this far. The drugs im on are Buserelin, Purgeon and Pregnyl. Has anyone else been on these, and if so how did you get on? If you could let me know what to expect id be chuffed..lol. Anyways..gotta go..<br>Heather xxx
Got pregnant with IUI triplets in March 04. One triplet stopped growing at 9 weeks. Gave birth to twin boys in Sep 04, Ciaran sadly lost his fight. Brennan's thriving.Looking to give Brennan a sibling soon.
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/b/brennan
heather
Regular

Sponsor

Postby Michelle » Wed Oct 30, 2002 9:21 pm

Hi Heather<br>Congratulations with your meeting with the Dr today, I'm so happy that you can start - it really is so exciting doing something so positive. I know the feeling dying for AF to arrive - last time was the only time I prayed for it to bloody well hurry up (excuse the pun!). <br>I am on exactly the same concoction of drugs as you. I am on day 15 of sniffing and can honestly say that I have had no side effects at all (not sure that dh would agree though!). I was expecting hot flushes, headaches, insomnia etc....but nothing thankfully (apart from the odd strop - though not sure I can really blame the drugs for that!). Not so sure that it will be the same with the stims though. My next appointment is next Thursday, 7th Nov, when they will scan me and then hopefully I can start the injections (dh excited at the prospect of injecting me!!!). I'm at Guys in London. Where are you being treated? <br>I'm sure some of the other girls on this wonderful site will let you know about the other drugs.<br>Good luck.<br>Love<br>Michelle x
Michelle
Regular

Postby beck » Thu Oct 31, 2002 11:10 am

hi heather.<br>well we have spoken in months on here..and i would like to say im so pleased for you and hubby and that your on your way now.<br><br>you have had a crap year so far,with your hubby being ill.<br>keep us posted with your progress.<br>beck x
beck
Regular

Postby fiona_lk » Thu Oct 31, 2002 2:36 pm

Hi Heather,<br><br>I'm so, so pleased you've finally got off the ground. Just think of the IUI like Turkey basting, and you'll be fine..lol<br><br>MFS use both Buserelin and Pregnyl.<br><br>Buserelin first time gave me a few hot flushes, but nothing you'll not be able to handle, if you have them at all.<br><br>With Pregnyl, which suits most, as always I seemed to have a bit of an allergic reaction! The injection site went red and was sore to touch - if it looks like it might be heading that way, grab some ice cubes and/or witch hazel and you should be fine. You'll only have this maximum of twice anyway - this is the hCG injection which releases the eggs and also helps to get the uterus ready for implantation.<br><br>All the best of luck in the world girl - got my Angel of Hope now to rub so let us know your 'timetable' as things progress.<br><br>Lots of Love<br><br><br><br>Fiona xxxx
Me:36 Dh:46, ttc 5+yrs, M/F (96% abnormal).
13 unsuccessful Txs From 2000 [4xClomid (NHS), 7xIUI(d)s & ICSI#1 (MFS), ICSI#2 (MFS) Oct 02 (ectopic)] Natural pg Jan 03 m/c 5.5wks
ICSI#3 (CARE) +ve boy (Xander) EDD 21/03/04 - so excited!!!!!!
fiona_lk
Regular

Postby Louise » Thu Oct 31, 2002 4:40 pm

Hi Heather<br>Good luck for the start of your treatment.<br>I had synarel sniffers and didn't get any side effects.<br>The puregon injections made me really scatty and kept forgetting what I was doing at work. haha - they think I'm mad anyway there. The puregon also stung but I think that was because I didn't take it out of the fridge early enough.<br>Best of luck and keep us updated of your progress<br>Louise XXX
Louise
Regular

Postby heather » Thu Oct 31, 2002 8:13 pm

'lo ladies,<br> Thank you all so very much for all your love and best wishes, believe me when i say that its very muchly appreciated. I am still waiting for AF to arrive, and am frantically checking knickers evertime i go to the loo. I think im gonna have to ask you ladies to pray to the god of AF for me, to get her to send it to me soon. I cant stand all the waiting!!! i should be used to it by now, but now we have finally started, i just want to get on with it.lol.me just impatient as ever. I'm not particularly looking forward to the injections, butas hubby is a diabetic and has to inject every day anyways, he's offered to inject me as well. Think he's looking forward to that, give him a chance to get his own back. Anyways, gotta go, take care all, <br>Heather<br>xxx
Got pregnant with IUI triplets in March 04. One triplet stopped growing at 9 weeks. Gave birth to twin boys in Sep 04, Ciaran sadly lost his fight. Brennan's thriving.Looking to give Brennan a sibling soon.
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/b/brennan
heather
Regular

Return to General Forum