IVF-Infertility.com home

First IVF June/July

For new members wanting to introduce themselves.

First IVF June/July

Postby chrissy99 » Thu May 19, 2005 10:17 am

Hello! This will be my first IVF. I am 34 years old, hubby is 39. I have lost 1 ovary and both tubes and hubby had a vasectomy during his previous marriage. He has had his sperm retrieved and we are ready to start the cycle as soon as mensus begins (due June 1).

Look forward to chatting. :D

Chrissy
Me-34-1 ovary, no tubes
DH-39-vasectomy 12 years ago
1st IVF-June/July ICSI/AH-BFP!!!!

chrissy99

Sponsor

Postby NickiMark » Thu May 19, 2005 10:26 am

Hi Chrissy, Welcome!!

Glad you found us!! Ive found this site a god send and I am now quite addicted!!

I am currently on my 1st 2ww after my 1st iui with donor.

If you go over to the General board and follow the JUNE/JULY buddies there you'll soon meet some great people in your cycle. Good Luck for the 1st June!!!

Love Nicola x
TTC 6yrs......Have jumped off the rollercoaster for now, too many BFN's and too much heartache, to keep going....Moving on to fulfil other dreams!!!
NickiMark
Board Veteran

Postby chrissy99 » Thu May 19, 2005 10:39 am

Thanks so much! I will go to the general board and check that out.

Good luck on your 2ww!!

Hugs, Chrissy
Me-34-1 ovary, no tubes

chrissy99

Postby Sand » Thu May 19, 2005 11:28 am

Hi there Chrissy ... Glad you've found us ! I see you've already checked out the General Forum, and posted on the June/July cycle buddies thread. Well done.

There's a book called "Fertility and Conception" that a few of us rave about on here, by Zita West. It really is well worth a read. It will give you all sorts of tips and advice, as well as a general understanding on the subject, as well as a chapter on assisted conception. Well worth the £15 !

I hope AF arrives as scheduled for you, then you can get cracking. Between us, we've a wealth of experience on these boards so don't be afraid to ask for any advice / any questions.

The abbreviations we use are sometimes difficult to decipher at first. The first thread on the General Forum is dedicated to just that.

Good luck !!

Sandra x
Me 41 yrs old - dh 49 yrs old. ttc 110 yrs.
1st cycle (ICSI)....Mar 04 -ve.
2nd cycle (ICSI)....Aug 04 -ve.
3rd cycle FET........May 05 -ve.
4th cycle (ICSI) ... Feb 06 -ve
5th cycle FET ..... Feb/Mar 11
Sand
Board Veteran

Postby LittleP » Thu May 19, 2005 11:32 am

Hi Chrissy

Just wanted to say welcome again - I've replied to you on the General Forum.

I do wish you every success.

The book Sandra has recommended by Zita West, if you can't get to a bookshop and want it delivered to you at home then try ordering it via Amazon.com or Play.com as both stock it.

Good luck

Little P
LittleP
Board Veteran

Postby chrissy99 » Thu May 19, 2005 12:54 pm

Thanks so much for the welcome! I will definitely see about that book. I can use all the help I can get.

Hugs, Chrissy
Me-34-1 ovary, no tubes

chrissy99

Postby DebraP » Thu May 19, 2005 1:42 pm

Hi Chrissy and welcome. Glad to see you've started to find your feet. People tend to get a bit addicted to the giving and receiving of support + information this board provides. People understand and help you with the ups and downs which almost enevitably follow.

Best of luck
Debra - another fan of the Zita West book. It fills in lots of the detail and gives lots of (strict!) advice on how to prepare nutritionally etc.
Me: 44, DH: 31
Game Over.
Dates: Aug 02 - May 06
Tries: 5 fresh + 4 frozen.
Results: 1 daughter, 2 m/c, 1 ectopic.
DebraP
Valued Contributor

Postby chrissy99 » Thu May 19, 2005 2:07 pm

Thank you. I hear that IVF can be a "rollercoaster". I am determined to stay positive though, throughout the process (even the shots, lol). It is great that there are so many caring people here to help each other through this. There are 2 women in my neighborhood who have successfully done IVF, both with twins but they don't talk too kindly about the proecess. I have decided not to even mention it to them anymore. I was a little suprised that there were 2 so close to me but they are really not going to be helpful in any way, sad to say. I am so glad I found this board!

Hugs, Chrissy
Me-34-1 ovary, no tubes

chrissy99

Postby taylorjools » Sat May 21, 2005 10:50 am

Hi Chrissy

just adding my welcome to you sweetie, enjoy!

Love bigJ 8)
POF+autoimmune+dh antibodies,5.05 DIVF IM M/c 7.5 wks, DIVF+TESE at ISIDA - son 08/06
FET ISIDA: 12.07.07 m/c 8 wks b.ovum, 17 Dec 2007- BFP triplets OMG!!!
taylorjools
Valued Contributor

Postby geordie jill » Mon May 23, 2005 9:59 pm

Hi Chrissy

Im new too first roundof IVF and go for egg collection next week
I wish you all the luck in the world

It is like a whole new world to me I dont know how you feel Im a bit bewildered by it all but staying positive, my shots arn't too bad had afew side effects the first week but seem to have settled.

nice to have someone to share the experience with :)
Jillx
geordie jill

Postby chrissy99 » Mon May 23, 2005 11:59 pm

bigJ-Thanks so much for the welcome!

Jillx-Glad to meet ya! I am getting very anxious about getting started. I am waiting for AF right now then off we go. I am not very patient so this is about driving me nuts. lol Best wishes for your egg collection! I know there are a lot of things in my near future that won't be too pleasant but I so look forward to being pregnant and having a new baby in my life! It will all be so well worth it.

I will let ya know how I do on the shots, if AF ever gets here and I can get to that point. lol I have NEVER wanted AF to come so badly. :D

Hugs! Chrissy
Me-34-1 ovary, no tubes

chrissy99

Return to Introductions