IVF-Infertility.com home

I'm new to all this

For new members wanting to introduce themselves.

I'm new to all this

Postby Littlebint72 » Thu May 19, 2005 5:07 pm

Hi to all

I'm new to this. I've looked at the website and its got some great info on it.

I wondered if any of you had any tips for me. I coldnt fall pregnant and had all my scans etc and my husband had his tests too, his were fine but I dont ovulate so I've just started taking Chlomid to hopefully kick start me.

Have any of you taken this? How long did it take you? I'd love to hear from you or take any tips from you
Get in touch!
Debs
Littlebint72

Sponsor

Postby LittleP » Thu May 19, 2005 5:12 pm

Hi Debs

First welcome to the site - I am sure you will quickly find this place an absolute Godsend.

I did use Clomid but it didn't work for me, but my friend was on it for a few months and she now has a lovely 5 year old son.

I would recommend that you come and post on the General Forum as well because there are loads of people there who could help.

If you do a search for Clomid in the General Forum you will find that there have already been numerous discussions on this and you might get some really helpful insights from there.

Hopefully see you on the General Forum. :wink:

Little P
LittleP
Board Veteran

I tried Clomid too

Postby DeniseM » Thu May 19, 2005 5:14 pm

I tried Clomid too, and didn't work for me.

I know others who conceive with this though.

Watch the mood swings the higher the dose goes. I felt psychotic at times, and other times I just wanted to cry.

Good luck!
IUI twins ~ July 2006
IUI singleton ~ due Jan 15 2009
DeniseM
Valued Contributor

Postby Littlebint72 » Thu May 19, 2005 5:16 pm

Thanks for your replies already. I've only been taking it a month so its early days. I'm back at the hospital in 4 months so i guess if it hasnt worked by thenm, they'll try something else (I dont know what though!)

I've already started to get a bit crappy with my other half buut hey,,,, I'm a woman!
Littlebint72

Postby Sand » Thu May 19, 2005 5:17 pm

Hi there Debs - welcome to the site. I haven't been on Chlomid, but as LP says many have, so I'm sure you'll receive many replies.

If you're interested in reading about fertility and conception in general, there's a great book called Fertility and Conception by Zita West that many of us rave about - available at all good bookstores !

Good luck !!

Sandra x
Me 41 yrs old - dh 49 yrs old. ttc 110 yrs.
1st cycle (ICSI)....Mar 04 -ve.
2nd cycle (ICSI)....Aug 04 -ve.
3rd cycle FET........May 05 -ve.
4th cycle (ICSI) ... Feb 06 -ve
5th cycle FET ..... Feb/Mar 11
Sand
Board Veteran

Postby Littlebint72 » Thu May 19, 2005 5:20 pm

Thank you for the tip about the book Sandra

Perhaps I'll get it at the weekend
Littlebint72

Postby leigh » Thu May 19, 2005 7:39 pm

Hi Debs welcome to the boards.

I was on low dose of clomid for 3 months then double that dose for another 3 months, didn't catch on so had iui last month, that was unsuccessful so we're waiting for follow up appointment next week to get advice as to what to do next. I don't ovulate every month, DH sometimes has high antibodies sometimes doesn't ????!!!!

Clomid made me very tearful and sad that I couldn't conceive. At the time I didn't realise that because I am quite a tearful person anyway but since I've stopped taking it my moods are a lot lighter.
I strongly believe that mind over matter is a very important. I wasn't feeling so positive before and I'm not yet if I'm truly honest, it's hard to do but I think it so important to truly believe that you will get pregnant and say that to yourself as often as possible. When others say it, it means nothing, what do they know but really believe it yourself and I think it can come true.

Lots of luck and positive thoughts to you.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

[
Me 33 DH 33
iui April 2005 -ve
ivf in October 2005
7/11/05 BFP!!!!!!!!!!
Jake born 31.7.06, the love of our lives
leigh
Regular

Postby bubblymichelle » Thu May 19, 2005 9:58 pm

Hi There,

Just want 2 say hello and welcome you 2 this site, this is such a gr8 site 2 come 2, every 1 is so friendly and helpful.

I was on Clomid 4 6 months but it didn't work for me, I am now blessed with a 15 month old boy Alex-Mitchell who was conceived through ICSI first attempt.

I wish u all the luck in the world.
Love
Shell.
xx
bubblymichelle
Valued Contributor

Postby NickiMark » Fri May 20, 2005 7:47 am

Hi, I just to say welcome!!

I haven't had clomid, so cant personally help ya, but from what I read clomid is very popular and lots of others do use it.

In the early days of us ttc the doctor said i wasnt ovulating and i would need clomid but it turned out it was just the pill i'd been on for 7yrs that caused me so stop ovulating. I took 18 months for it to get out of my system now I am ovualting ok..... So I did read up so much on it then,

I wish u all the best anyway my dear.... How long have u been ttc?
Hugs Nicola x x
TTC 6yrs......Have jumped off the rollercoaster for now, too many BFN's and too much heartache, to keep going....Moving on to fulfil other dreams!!!
NickiMark
Board Veteran

Postby taylorjools » Sat May 21, 2005 10:47 am

Welcome to the site Debs

hope you find all you need here, just ask if you need anything

Love bigJ 8)
POF+autoimmune+dh antibodies,5.05 DIVF IM M/c 7.5 wks, DIVF+TESE at ISIDA - son 08/06
FET ISIDA: 12.07.07 m/c 8 wks b.ovum, 17 Dec 2007- BFP triplets OMG!!!
taylorjools
Valued Contributor

Return to Introductions