IVF-Infertility.com home

Can I join too...cycling May/June?

For new members wanting to introduce themselves.

Can I join too...cycling May/June?

Postby wildfox » Sun May 22, 2005 4:16 pm

Hello

I am Steph, aka 'wildfox', I am 39, live in the UK and have just begun IVF treatment (sniffing) on 15 May.

I had one failed IVF in Dec 02. I commenced my 2nd IVF in Feb 03. Luckily I became pregnant and had a little daughter, Amber, in Nov 03 after a terrible pregnancy (and tragic time with my Dad).

I am finding this really hard to write, and I am not sure if it is coming out like I want it to sound, and I feel so guilty being on here because I already have had a baby. But I really feel I need some friends, who understand what we go through.

I hope I can be of any help/support to everyone here and hope to be able to rant/cry/laugh/scream with you all..

Love Steph xx
wildfox

Sponsor

Postby NickiMark » Sun May 22, 2005 4:24 pm

Hi Steph, Welcome!!

Dont feel guilty u have had a baby, feel happy.

Anyway, Im on the 2ww right now....bored!! Post over on the general boards for the JUNE/JULY BUDDIES.

All the best dear x x
TTC 6yrs......Have jumped off the rollercoaster for now, too many BFN's and too much heartache, to keep going....Moving on to fulfil other dreams!!!
NickiMark
Board Veteran

Postby LittleP » Sun May 22, 2005 4:42 pm

Hi Steph

Welcome here.

As Nicki has said come and join the June/July thread on the General Forum - there are a lot of us going through treatment around the same time. It does help to share sometimes :D

Congratulations on your daughter - stories like yours give us all the hope and encouragement we need to carry on with this. Thank you for sharing.

Hopefully see you on the General Forum soon.

PMA and hugs

Little P
LittleP
Board Veteran

Postby taylorjools » Sun May 22, 2005 5:45 pm

Hi Steph

and a very warm welcome to you and Amber 8) 8) !!!
You have been through the process and had a success!!! what more could we ask for as inspiration :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just cos you have one success it doesn't make the next time easier, we have girls on the board on 2nd time around or with 2ndary infertility. We are a very potty diverse and supportive bunch, so hope you feel at home very fast. The board is very busy compared to some boards, and we cover the time zones so you'll find people around at most times.

So your wisdom and your hormonal girly moods are both welcome and so come and join us on the general forum

Love bigJ 8)
POF+autoimmune+dh antibodies,5.05 DIVF IM M/c 7.5 wks, DIVF+TESE at ISIDA - son 08/06
FET ISIDA: 12.07.07 m/c 8 wks b.ovum, 17 Dec 2007- BFP triplets OMG!!!
taylorjools
Valued Contributor

Postby Sand » Sun May 22, 2005 5:57 pm

Hi Steph ... Welcome to the Site. I see you've already met a few of the boards most avid members. I look forward to seeing your news on the General Forum, and wish you every success for this cycle !

Sandra x
Me 41 yrs old - dh 49 yrs old. ttc 110 yrs.
1st cycle (ICSI)....Mar 04 -ve.
2nd cycle (ICSI)....Aug 04 -ve.
3rd cycle FET........May 05 -ve.
4th cycle (ICSI) ... Feb 06 -ve
5th cycle FET ..... Feb/Mar 11
Sand
Board Veteran

Postby DebraP » Sun May 22, 2005 6:49 pm

Hello Steph and welcome.

Congratulations re. Amber. The others have said it for me but if this board was only full of doom and gloom stories of failure we'd all leave! We need the happy stuff too! As it is we're very mixed in how we got here + age, location, experience, history etc. everyone is welcome.

Like you I have an IVF daughter and totally understand why you'd feel 'guilty' but it doesn't really apply, we're all in the same boat with each new tmt and success helps to give hope to everyone.

Good luck with your tmt,
Debra
Me: 44, DH: 31
Game Over.
Dates: Aug 02 - May 06
Tries: 5 fresh + 4 frozen.
Results: 1 daughter, 2 m/c, 1 ectopic.
DebraP
Valued Contributor

Thank You!

Postby wildfox » Mon May 23, 2005 10:09 pm

Hello Nickimark, Little P, Big J, Sandra and Debra..

Nice to 'meet' you all, and thank you for making me feel so welcome.

I did return to a previous message board I used before, and there are so many new names, and no-one wanted to reply to me, except those who knew me from before. I got so paranoid and upset, and thought I needed a fresh start as well, so here I am. I can put my emotions down to PMT/Synarel/Period. I came on today, exactly as I should!! Hopefully my last period for a while!

Good Luck everyone, especially Big J and NickiMark, who will be testing soon.
Debra, congratulations on your IVF daughter...can't believe we are here again!

See you on the General Forum..

Love Steph x
Little P...I'll see you probably on the June/July thread
Sandra..good luck with our next cycle..
wildfox

Postby julesg » Mon May 23, 2005 10:24 pm

Welcome to the boards

Please don't feel guilty it is good for those of us with no children to know that it can and does have happy endings

Good luck with your treatment - most post are on the general forum so please join us all there

Love
Julie
Me 32 DH 37 ttc 2years
Male Factor
First ICSI October 04 - cycle abandoned high risk of OHSS
ICSI April/May 05 -ve
ICSI Sep/Oct 05 +ve result 12th October
DD born June 2006
ICSI Oct/Nov08 -ve
julesg
Regular

Postby gailbunny » Tue May 24, 2005 9:18 pm

Welocome

I just joined the site the other day and have found the site very informative

I am on my 1st Ivf 2ww and its quite nerve racking, I test same day as Nickimark (hi there test buddy!)

Its reasuring to know that it can work.

Hope your next treatment is as successful as your last and that its a much better pregnancy.

Regards
Gail
Me 40, DP 29, DS 10
IVF 1st Cycle - May 05 -ve.
IVF 2nd Cycle March 06 -ve
gailbunny
Regular

Postby LittleP » Tue May 24, 2005 9:31 pm

Steph

I think you, me and Lumi are cycling quite close to each other. It's nice to have someone else to share with :)

See you over there.

Little P :wink:
LittleP
Board Veteran

Return to Introductions