IVF-Infertility.com home

New Girl

For new members wanting to introduce themselves.

New Girl

Postby geordie jill » Mon May 23, 2005 8:42 pm

Hi my name is jill, just discoveredthis site last night and feel like I am being educated! I am having my first IVF treatment and feel a bit in the dark.

Been with my partner 5years bin trying for a baby about 2, gone through the usual testpartner has low count so doing ICSI

Ihave 2 girls already to a previous partner 15 and 11 but badly want a baby with my fantastic fiance.

I am 40 and partner 31 so age is against me but I am hopefull

\nice to hear all of your stories you all seem so positive even when you have been through hard times
Thanks for reading
xx
geordie jill

Sponsor

Postby DebraP » Mon May 23, 2005 9:16 pm

Hi Jill - we'd love some new company on the 40+ thread. There were tonnes of us but 4 of them have happily become pregnant after treatment in the past 2m and now there are only a few of us left. Julie tests on Friday and sounds ridiculously pg to me and Randa is due for EC in early June so we need new chatting partners!

We are 43, 42 and 41 so at 40, you'll be the baby of our thread so please never mention age counting against you again :wink:

'Hopeful' is the best way to begin too! when you know which month you'll start your meds, join the monthly thread for all the people having tmt at the same time. It keeps you sane comparing meds, responses, updating on apts etc. It's nice to have people who totally understand when it all seems crazy at times.

Good luck,
Debra
Me: 44, DH: 31
Game Over.
Dates: Aug 02 - May 06
Tries: 5 fresh + 4 frozen.
Results: 1 daughter, 2 m/c, 1 ectopic.
DebraP
Valued Contributor

Postby geordie jill » Mon May 23, 2005 9:27 pm

CRIKEY THAT WAS QUICK THANK FOR THE COMMENTS I HAVE MY EC NEXT TUES AND NEED ALL THE SUPPORT I CAN GET AS DF IS IN AFRICA SO BEEN THROUGH THE MEDS BY MYSELF :cry:
HE IS HOME ON WED THOUGH AND I CARNT WAIT TO SEE HIM IT HAS BEEN 5 WEEKS
:lo:

NEED A CUDDLE BADLY
X
geordie jill

Postby Sand » Tue May 24, 2005 7:34 am

Hi Jill - Welcome to the Site. Sorry df's away from home at the moment. I can imagine you do need a cuddle going through all this alone ! This site will be a great support mechanism for you.

If you're stuck with any of the abbreviations, the first thread on the General Forum is dedicated to just that.

Hope this week's stimming goes to plan, and the best of luck for a successful cycle !!

Sandra x
Me 41 yrs old - dh 49 yrs old. ttc 110 yrs.
1st cycle (ICSI)....Mar 04 -ve.
2nd cycle (ICSI)....Aug 04 -ve.
3rd cycle FET........May 05 -ve.
4th cycle (ICSI) ... Feb 06 -ve
5th cycle FET ..... Feb/Mar 11
Sand
Board Veteran

Postby NickiMark » Tue May 24, 2005 7:38 am

Hi Jill,

Welcome!! Hope that all goes well with you. I bet you cant wait for that cuddle. I'd hate it if my dh worked away. You must be brave.

Anyway, you'll find this site a god send, just like I have...

Full of advice, Help, and support.

Good Luck...See u about.

Lv Nicola
TTC 6yrs......Have jumped off the rollercoaster for now, too many BFN's and too much heartache, to keep going....Moving on to fulfil other dreams!!!
NickiMark
Board Veteran

Postby daisy1 » Wed May 25, 2005 10:18 am

Hi and Welcome

Isn´t this place amazing. I´m very new too but when I discovered this site I felt a weight had been lifted from my shoulders. DH too has low sperm count and motility and am looking to start ICSI. At the moment it is impossible due to work commitments and the need to pluck up courage. I am a complete wimp when it comes to hospitals etc etc etc. So keep us posted. I will be following your progress with great interest. Wish you loads of luck and a cyber cuddle (although I know it´s not the same as one from DF)
daisy1

Postby geordie jill » Thu May 26, 2005 4:17 pm

Hi daisey

you sound a bit like us I too am not keen on anything medical I have only ever been in hospitaltwice to have my girls but honestly it is not that bad

I wish we had got going sooner take the plunge summer cycles have got to be easier than traping about on the roads in the wind and snow!!

and most of the treatment is done at home my clinic visits have been really quick and kept to a minimum.

But really you have to do it when you are ready because it is a huge committment which you have to be prepared for but good luck with whatever you decide

big cugs

Jillx
Me 40
DF 31
geordie jill

Just wanted to add my good luck

Postby DeniseM » Thu May 26, 2005 6:59 pm

Hi, just wanted to add another word of welcome, and good luck with your decision.

Nothing so far has been unbearable - uncomfortable at times, yes, but not unbearable.
IUI twins ~ July 2006
IUI singleton ~ due Jan 15 2009
DeniseM
Valued Contributor

Postby bubblymichelle » Fri May 27, 2005 6:56 am

Hi There

Just want to say hello and welcome, this is such a great site everyone is so friendly and helfpul and I am sure you will find this out for yourself. I just want to say if you do need to ask any questions fire away soemone is always bound to help.

Good Luck
Love
Shell.
xx
bubblymichelle
Valued Contributor

Return to Introductions