IVF-Infertility.com home

Any advice please!

For new members wanting to introduce themselves.

Any advice please!

Postby julied » Thu May 26, 2005 7:11 pm

This is my first time doing a message board but I was really impressed by this one!
I am 34 and have been trying for to conceive for the last 18 months. My husband and I have had all the tests and there is no reason why we should not get prenant. Have done the 3 lots of clomid and one lot of IUI with no luck. I am due to see the consultant in the next couple of weeks to discuss IVF which I have always been so unkeen to do. I guess I just hated the thought of it being unnatural and I feel that somehow I am doing something wrong and that it is my fault. None of my friends have had problems conceiving so I have not been able to discuss it with anyone (except my husband of course).
Any advice? Anything else I should try before IVF? I have heard of Napro but don't really know what it involves and whether it has good results.
Thanks
Julie
julied

Postby LittleP » Thu May 26, 2005 7:23 pm

Julie

Hi and welcome to the site.

It is such a difficult decision to make going down the route of IVF, but I am sure that you will as much help, support and encouragement from the girls here as I have.

On the General Forum you will find loads of different discussion topics, as well as the threads dedicated to various months during which we are going through our treatment. This gives us the chance to share experiences and discuss signs, etc with each other. It is really helpful having others to talk to as I am sure you will soon find.

Come and join us when you feel ready to jump in.

Do you know what month you will be starting treatment - or are you still at the early stages of deciding where to go, etc?

Take care and hope to speak to you soon.

Little P
LittleP
Board Veteran

Postby NickiMark » Fri May 27, 2005 7:26 am

Hi Julie, Welcome.

I understand where u are coming from, we have been ttc for 3.5 yrs and now our friends aren't the same they all have children, and it's as if we dont care. When we visit we have endure conversations about babies and nothing else. Sometimes it does make you feel like you cant talk.
But now u have found this site, your'll meet lots of people in your situation who will help.

Good Luck with the IVF. See u about x x
TTC 6yrs......Have jumped off the rollercoaster for now, too many BFN's and too much heartache, to keep going....Moving on to fulfil other dreams!!!
NickiMark
Board Veteran

Postby Sand » Fri May 27, 2005 7:56 am

Hi there Julie .. Welcome to the Site. A book that we recommend is "Fertility and Conception" by Zita West. It gives tons of info and tips on how to maximum your chances of conception. Plus, a chapter on Assisted Conception. It's a good read, and if you follow at least some of her advice, you'll feel more in control and like you're being proactive.

Sandra x
Me 41 yrs old - dh 49 yrs old. ttc 110 yrs.
1st cycle (ICSI)....Mar 04 -ve.
2nd cycle (ICSI)....Aug 04 -ve.
3rd cycle FET........May 05 -ve.
4th cycle (ICSI) ... Feb 06 -ve
5th cycle FET ..... Feb/Mar 11
Sand
Board Veteran

Return to Introductions