IVF-Infertility.com home

About to start IVF for the first time!

Discussion forum for those particularly interested in IVF and embryo transfer including frozen embryo transfer.

Postby LittleP » Mon May 23, 2005 4:30 pm

I am so sorry that you feel so depressed about it all - remember all you need is one good egg for this to work.

Quality is better than quantity so focus on the the positives rather than the negatives. As long as they keep going surely things will be fine :?

Sending you loads of hugs and PMA and fingers crossed that the doctor will have good news for you later.

Little P
LittleP
Board Veteran

Sponsor

dont worry

Postby hinak » Mon May 30, 2005 8:29 pm

Chitra,
i dont think you should worry too much,in my first cycle i had 8 eggs and only 3good embroys,not brilliant,i transferred and i had twins.2nd time round i had 28eggs,good embroys and guess what,didnt get pregnant and couldnt freeze any.so its the quality not quantity.3rd time round i am just hoping that i have few good ones rather then lots.
goodluck
hina
hinak

Postby chitra » Mon May 30, 2005 11:25 pm

Hi hinak
Thanks a lot for posting. gives me a lot of hope.
I had my ER last week, they said there were 8 follicles retrieved.
but only there were good and 2 survived the ICSI.
I had them transfered today. They are both 6 cell.
Can you tell me what I should do during the 2ww?
What bothers me is that my doctor did not use a ultrasound for the ET?
IS it normal?
THanks once a again.
Chitra
chitra

hi

Postby hinak » Tue May 31, 2005 12:40 pm

Chitra,

Yeah thats normal.I personally dont think if you move around it makes a difference but i would still advice you to take it easy completely.So god forbid if it doesnt work you have nothing to blame.Right now just stay positive and try and watch movies and stuff to keep your mind away from it all and hopefully fingers crossed it will work.
goodluck
Hina
hinak

Postby chitra » Tue May 31, 2005 12:55 pm

Hi Hina
Thanks. My dh is very supportive and takes very good care of me.
I will defenitely take it easy as you said.
What is going on in ur end?
Chitra
chitra

Postby AliasR » Tue May 31, 2005 2:57 pm

Dear Chitra

There are a couple of threads on the general forum excellent for you:

- 2ww
- test dates thread

just pop in and let them know when's your test date. And whenever you feel like it, post all you want.

Good luck

ERita
TTC 2y Me 31 Dh 34 NO SPERM - DI
AliasR
Regular

hi

Postby hinak » Tue May 31, 2005 8:08 pm

Chitra,

Nice to know you have a supportive hubby,it makes all the difference.Goodluck and really hope it works.I am sniffing the spray for almost three weeks and will start stim on friday.Lets hope it works for me too.
goodluck
hinak

Postby chitra » Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:37 am

Hi Hina
I Wish you Good luck!
I am feeling a little positive now. But you know every now and then I switch between negative and positive thoughts.
keeping my fingers crossed
Chitra
chitra

Postby Sher8 » Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:55 pm

Chitra,

I assume you are at your 2ww. I was looking for you under May in General Discussion board and decided to return here to see how things were going for you.

I received a +ve on May 27 and go in for another blood test tomorrow. I have moved over to "Pregnant After Treatment" forum as it seems appropriate. I could not be more excited and pleased with the results but I am still questioning if this is all real. Just waiting for that ultrasound. . .

I hope things are well with you. Everyone is right, it is quality over quantity and it sounds like you have just as good of a chance as most people. Hang in there and let me know when you expect your first test. Hoping for a +!!
Me - 40 DH - 40 (Male Factor)
May '05 1st IVF/ICSI: +ve (DD-Siena Marie born Jan 31, 2006)
April '07: FET- BFN
June '07 2nd IVF/ICSI: +ve (DD-Sydney Yvonne born March 12, 2008)
Sher8
Regular

Postby chitra » Fri Jun 03, 2005 1:05 pm

hi sher
Great news! I am very happy for ur BFP. I hope all is well in the ultrasound.
Thanks a lot for letting me know and thanks for checking on me.
Yes I am now in 2ww. My preganancy test is on 9th. I am very anxious!!!
Can you tell me is it neccesary to spot during implantation? I have not had any soptting?
It worries me. did you spot during implantation?
Once again I am very Happy for your good news. I wish you all the very best.
Chitra
chitra

Postby Sher8 » Fri Jun 03, 2005 3:59 pm

I did not spot during implantation. I had some cramping and my breasts hurt quite a bit around the second week. Everyone's symptoms seem to be a little different, but don't be discouraged about not spotting. My ultrasound is on June 17th. It can't come soon enough!! You see, even when you are positive, there is a whole other set of worries. :)

Best of luck to you on the 9th and be sure to sign up for June 2ww and June Testers on General Discussion Forum. It will give you great support!
Me - 40 DH - 40 (Male Factor)
May '05 1st IVF/ICSI: +ve (DD-Siena Marie born Jan 31, 2006)
April '07: FET- BFN
June '07 2nd IVF/ICSI: +ve (DD-Sydney Yvonne born March 12, 2008)
Sher8
Regular

Postby chitra » Sun Jun 05, 2005 11:04 pm

hi sher
I know what you mean, there will be new thing to worry about as we overcome one.
I wish you good luck on your ultrasound.

Chitra
chitra

Re: About to start IVF for the first time!

Postby tonyacheek24 » Mon Jun 20, 2005 7:31 pm

Hello!

My name is Tonya and I'm new to this too. I start my birth control pills when I come on my cycle which should be next week. I feel the same way you do. I have so many emotions when I read other people stories but I believe if it's god's plan you'll have it. My husband needed help too. Funny that you never think you'll have to go through this stuff but you never know. I often wonder about eggs, like do I have good ones and all that. It's really crazy. I'm scared of needles too so I'm nervous about. Let me know how things go with you.

chitra wrote:Hi everyone
I am new to this forum. I am 26 years old and my husband is 31. I am about to start IVF. My husband needs to get sperm aspiration. I have started taking birth control pills as my doctor suggested. As far as I am aware of I dont have any fertility issues! but a series of tests including sonohysterogram, blood tests etc. have to be done soon on me in a months time!!!! I am very nervous and anxious. If anyone else is going thro or gone thro the same please help me!
tonyacheek24
Regular

Postby sara05 » Mon Aug 22, 2005 6:29 pm

hi im about to start ivf after 3 failed atempts of IUI im feeling very nervous while excited at the thought of it working we have been given a date of 9/11/05 but i start taking drugs at the start of october i cant help thinking that its doesnt seem fair that i have to go through this to get a child i so desperatly want when other women can concieve so easily me and my partner have no fertilty problems which seems even more unfair that we cant concieve naturally. I no what you are going through and hope everything work out take care sara :D :D :D
sara05

Postby chitra » Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:44 pm

Hi Sara
Welcome to this Forum. As you would have seen you can get great support here. Please post in the general forum as it is were most activity goes on.
See u there
Chitra
chitra

PreviousNext

Return to In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)