IVF-Infertility.com home

Just starging IVF

For new members wanting to introduce themselves.

Just starging IVF

Postby tonyacheek24 » Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:20 pm

:roll: Hello everyone! I was really nervous about starting IVF but I put it in gods hands. I'm 27 years old with Blocked tubes. My husband is 26 so far sperm is ok but mobility is low. Doctor recommended IVF & ICSI. I had my day three bloodwork done and my sonogram. So far everything is normal. I encourage everyone to keep the faith. I know all circumstances are different but ask a lot of questions. I'm nervous about the shots because I'm so scared of needles. From the post that I read, i don't see to many people getting pregnat the first time. Has it worked the first time for anyone? You would think after they put the baby in the uterous everything would be fine.

Looking to make friend going through IVF. Anyone going through the same thing. I start my meds after I come on my period in July.
tonyacheek24
Regular

Sponsor

Postby DebraP » Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:41 pm

Hi....yes there are plenty of people waiting to begin tmt in July/August. Have a look at the different month threads over on the General Board, you'll find quite a few on the August thread for sure.

Yes I was successful first time round and I'm not alone. The reason you don't see so many here is because they're over on the Pregnant Board :) There are people every month who join us just before tmt, have one go, get lucky and move across to 'the other side (aka. Pg after tmt) board. They are our inspiration and help remind us when things get sticky, that it can and does work.

Welcome to this very multi-cultural, multi-faith as well as secular, board.
Debra
Me: 44, DH: 31
Game Over.
Dates: Aug 02 - May 06
Tries: 5 fresh + 4 frozen.
Results: 1 daughter, 2 m/c, 1 ectopic.
DebraP
Valued Contributor

Postby Sand » Mon Jun 20, 2005 6:47 pm

Hi there ... Just a quick post to say Hello and Welcome to the Site. There are many about to / starting tmt at the moment, so you're in good company. Don't worry about the jabs, they're not as bad as you're imaging ..!

Good luck !

Sandra x
Me 41 yrs old - dh 49 yrs old. ttc 110 yrs.
1st cycle (ICSI)....Mar 04 -ve.
2nd cycle (ICSI)....Aug 04 -ve.
3rd cycle FET........May 05 -ve.
4th cycle (ICSI) ... Feb 06 -ve
5th cycle FET ..... Feb/Mar 11
Sand
Board Veteran

Postby tonyacheek24 » Mon Jun 20, 2005 8:32 pm

Thank you so much for your responses. I'll look on the General Forum board. I think this is great to have a member board such as this :)

quote="DebraP"]Hi....yes there are plenty of people waiting to begin tmt in July/August. Have a look at the different month threads over on the General Board, you'll find quite a few on the August thread for sure.

Yes I was successful first time round and I'm not alone. The reason you don't see so many here is because they're over on the Pregnant Board :) There are people every month who join us just before tmt, have one go, get lucky and move across to 'the other side (aka. Pg after tmt) board. They are our inspiration and help remind us when things get sticky, that it can and does work.

Welcome to this very multi-cultural, multi-faith as well as secular, board.
Debra[/quote]
tonyacheek24
Regular

Postby NickiMark » Mon Jun 20, 2005 8:39 pm

Hello and welcome. You've come to the right place. I am due to start IUI in August.
If you join the July or August buddies, lots of us there all due to start in the next month.
Good Luck. x x
TTC 6yrs......Have jumped off the rollercoaster for now, too many BFN's and too much heartache, to keep going....Moving on to fulfil other dreams!!!
NickiMark
Board Veteran

Postby DebraP » Mon Jun 20, 2005 8:39 pm

Hi, I should just echo Sandra's injection comment. The thought is genuinely worse than the reality. It does depend a little on which meds, types of needles etc. but often people ask someone else (eg. DH) to help.

Should you have a med that uses an auto-injector, provided you've a tiny amount of fat, you'll be laughing. Except for my first shot when I cried, shook and sweated in nervous anticipation and then LOL seconds later as I couldn't feel it at all. After that, and I've done this a few times now, no problems at all.

Good luck,
Debra.
Me: 44, DH: 31
Game Over.
Dates: Aug 02 - May 06
Tries: 5 fresh + 4 frozen.
Results: 1 daughter, 2 m/c, 1 ectopic.
DebraP
Valued Contributor

Postby Susie » Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:12 pm

Hi, Welcome to the boards
Dont worry about the injections, I always got my DH to do mine, and you know you're doing it to get your goal and each one gets you closer. They dont really hurt, I found them more of an inconvenience coz they had to be done at the same time every day!
I have had positive results on both my attempts at ICSI, so it does work 1st time for some people.
Good luck
Susie
Me 37, DH 53 Male & female factor
1st ICSI +ve, a daughter born 2001
2nd ICSI +ve, a son born 2006
Susie
Regular

Postby k » Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:29 pm

Hello there

This was my first IVF (ICSI) and it worked first time. Im still getting used to it, still cant quite believe that its worked! There are a few girls on the first tri thread for whom its worked first time, but there are also others who have had a few attempts before its worked. We also have 3 girls expecting twins!!
When I was having my injections, although I started doing them myself, I got DH to do them in the end. I didnt have to think about them and it also kept him involved.
Good luck with your treatment. You will find a lot of support on these boards. People are always willing to help you and answer your questions.
Love Kim
Me 36 DH 33 Male factor due to chemotherapy. IVF\ICSI May 05 +ve.
Jenna Grace born 19.1.06 then natural BFP!
Nathan Alexander born 2.10.08
k
Regular

Postby babiluv » Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:53 pm

I too have same problem as you tony (i'm 28 and have blocktubes with hydrosalpinx- fluid in tubes, my DH had high sperm count but the mobility was so-so) , this is my first time at ivf and the ladies here are so helpful and encouraging. my transfer on wed. hopefully, i will get a positive on my first attempt. There are probably a lot of couples that get positive results on first attempt. we just don't hear about them as much because they are enjoying there pregnacy. which i'm sure you will be soon too.
dont worry about the injections. i was so scared of giving it to myself that it took 30mins the first day. but after that first shot, i knew it wasn't going to be as painful as i thought. it was all in my head. it was a breeze and i'm sure you'll kick yourself for worry about them. not even the progestrone shots are as bad as i thought they were going to be, and i was so scared with those i research for days trying to see what would make it better. The only thing with those is your butt does get sore the next day so use a heating pad for 30mins afterwards.

oh yeah, they had to remove my tubes because of the hydrosalpinx, so if you do have hydrosalpinx, to increase your chances of success you might want to ask your doctor about getting them removed. but this is a very hard decision to make since the only way to get pregnant after they have been removed is through ivf.
babiluv

Postby tonyacheek24 » Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:03 pm

babiluv that is funny you say that about fluid in the tubes. When I found out my tubes were blocked I was 20 and I never been pregnat in my whole life. That ensured me that my first boyfriend must have given me clamydia. Which is sad because I was very faithful to him. I remember the doctor said that they may want to remove my tubes. After reading suggestions on removing tubes from the post here I told my doctor and she said they always suggest removing tubes filled with fluid but she also said if you dont have any tube left normally it's blocked at the uterous, something like that so she didn't need to remove them. That is a hard decision to make but if we can't use them I guess we don't need them :) I go to Shady Grove Fertility. Have any one ever heard of them? I don't know if anyone knows but you can also apply for CAPITOL ONE FERTILITY CREDIT CARD which is used only for infertility. I'm nervous about the injections but I am also excited. It's one of those weird feelings. I almost can't believe I'm trying to have a baby because It just seemed so far fetched for me since I wasn't getting pregnat. I know everyone are not christians but I believe if we speak things into existance, rub your bellys like you are pregnat, I believe that being positive really helps. I know we don't want to be disappointed, but if it won't work the first time we'll just try again. I'm praying for everyone who visits this site and I pray that we all have beautiful healthy babies. I'll keep you posted as I go through. One more thing I notice people use codes like DH and the little tickler calendar do you know how I can find out how to use Codes and how to show a calendar of my progress?
tonyacheek24
Regular

Postby Susie » Tue Jun 21, 2005 5:04 pm

If you go to the general forum there is a list of abbreviations on there, and if you want a ticker you go to www.tickerfactory.com and follow the on screen instructions then pate the writing at the end into your profile signature section
Good luck
Susie
Me 37, DH 53 Male & female factor
1st ICSI +ve, a daughter born 2001
2nd ICSI +ve, a son born 2006
Susie
Regular

Postby babiluv » Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:15 pm

Never heard of Shady Grove before. I live in Fort Worth, TX. Where are you? i don't know how my tubes got blocked and had fluids. My ob/gyn thought I might have STD (claymdia gonorrhea) that caused it but my test came back negative so they couldn't tell me why. Once you have STD it needs to be treated before it goes away and with claymdia sometime you dont have symtoms so when you fine out it's too late. I wonder why our annual exam doesn't catch this kind of stuff. i use to think it did but i heard that's not always the case. oh well, guess it too late for me my tubes are gone. yes, you have to think positive and not stress so much. Easier said than done. It's in GOD's hands. Stressing yourself will not change anything. All it'll do is make you tired and weak which doesn't help when you are going thru ivf. Good luck.

Oh yeah my Transfer is tomorrow!!!! I'm so excited.
babiluv

Postby tonyacheek24 » Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:56 pm

That's great news. I have a question how long did it take from them to do the whole process like once you call with your first day of your period to the time of transfer if I start in July and all goes well then when would I take the test? How many embreyo's are they transferring? I'm so excited. I live in Upper Marlboro Maryland. Please let me know how things go and good luck. When I had annual exams I never showed for gonnera either.
tonyacheek24
Regular

Postby babiluv » Wed Jun 22, 2005 2:16 pm

i start the antagon on 5/31, and today i'm having the transfer so i would say around 7 weeks. just depends on how you react to the drugs.
babiluv

Postby tonyacheek24 » Wed Jun 22, 2005 2:36 pm

:P Well I can't wait to get started. Let me know how your results are. I'm praying for you :)
tonyacheek24
Regular

Next

Return to Introductions