IVF-Infertility.com home

Going back to the Dr. tomorrow

For new members wanting to introduce themselves.

Going back to the Dr. tomorrow

Postby sleepyfoy » Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:31 am

I have an appt tomorrow with my Dr.- My husband is on a conference trip and can't attend. I have my list of questions to ask on why my IVF didn't work- Since finding out last week, I cry at the drop of a hat. My inlaws haven't called- I guess they are unsure of what to say since their daughter just delivered a healthy baby girl in Feb. My mom doesn't understand this whole process( she is 78) she told me last week that I am acting like I am the only one this has ever happened to. My right side has hurt very badly today- so much that I did have to take medicine- I have stopped bleeding though. I guess I needed to ramble- thanks for reading.
Jodi
sleepyfoy
Regular

Sponsor

Postby Sand » Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:19 am

Hi Jodi ... It's natural to have all these feelings ... It will get easier, but it will take some time. Other people often find it hard to find the right thing to say, and therefore often say nothing. This is human nature.

I hope your drs apptmt today is useful. Let us know how you go on.

Sandra x
Me 41 yrs old - dh 49 yrs old. ttc 110 yrs.
1st cycle (ICSI)....Mar 04 -ve.
2nd cycle (ICSI)....Aug 04 -ve.
3rd cycle FET........May 05 -ve.
4th cycle (ICSI) ... Feb 06 -ve
5th cycle FET ..... Feb/Mar 11
Sand
Board Veteran

Postby DebraP » Tue Jun 21, 2005 5:19 pm

Hi Jodi. I hope you get some answers tomorrow although straight forwards reasons are very rare in follow-ups. I'd suggest writing the answers down as if you're anything like me, information overload kicks in and precise data gets a bit lost, esp. if DH won't be there.

Crying at this stage is completely normal, it might stop but it could also continue. Don't stress if you cry tomorrow, I cry at nearly all my apts. for various reasons.

My FIL came to dinner last night, I've not seen him since he found out we had an ectopic last month......he didn't say a word about it, not one single word the whole visit.

I hope you get some closure on this round soon but it might take a while yet.

hugs
Debra.
Me: 44, DH: 31
Game Over.
Dates: Aug 02 - May 06
Tries: 5 fresh + 4 frozen.
Results: 1 daughter, 2 m/c, 1 ectopic.
DebraP
Valued Contributor

Postby sleepyfoy » Wed Jun 22, 2005 2:31 am

Debra and Sand... Just a couple of questions... What is DH? Dear husband? what is FIL? I am not even gonna try to figure that one out. Dr. appt wasn't that great. She asked me if we had discussed alternatives such as adoption. That took me by surprise because this was only my first cycle. Made me cry too. I asked for the blood clotting tests and she was slightly hesitant about that saying that she usually doesn't order them unless a true miscarriage has occurred... I thought to myself... Four embryos were placed in me and I lost them... What do you call that? Anyway... she ordered them- I go back on Thursday with hubby and then back next Tues for a 'flushing" out of my uterus. At this clinic, they only do 3 cycles her thoughts are.. If you aren't pregnant by the third try... you probably aren't gonna be... That is very discouraging. We know of another clinic that is close by if it gets to that point. My inlaws are coming this Saturday and although my husband has spoken to them and asked them to call me while he was away.. They haven't. We are suppose to go to the beach with them for a couple of days- that will be interesting. Their daughter had a baby girl in Feb by IVF(they don't know the IVF part) and of course she is the center of their world. It will be hard. I wish they would call. Thank you for all your support and kind words- I am so glad I found this site.

Thank you,
Jodi(sleepyfoy)
sleepyfoy
Regular

Postby Sand » Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:30 pm

Hi Jodi .. As we've seen many times, 3 cycles just ain't enough for some girls. They then go on to a BFP at cycle 5 / 6 / 7 ... who can tell .. I hope your next apptmts and the 'flushing' ?!?!? go to plan. I wonder why you dr was talking adoption so soon ..?

FIL = father in law

Keep us updated, and take care

Sandra x
Sand
Board Veteran

test

Postby tolbee » Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:15 pm

test
Me: 36 DH: 34
IVF June 05 +ve DS born 2/27/06
FET June 07 +ve B/G Twins born 2/11/2008 at 34 wks + 4 days
Natural Pregnancy!! Baby due May 09!
tolbee
Regular

I am sorry

Postby tolbee » Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:27 pm

Hello - I am sorry for submitting a blank note. I was indeed testing...
I am new to this board. I did the ET two days ago and I am back to work now.
Although I am trying to stay positive, I am also trying to mentally prepare myself for the not so good news. I told my in-law that my DH will call her if it is BFN.
IVF does suck up a lot of energies and spirits out of you but I know that we are getting closer and closer everytime to achieving our dreams.
Good Luck everyone!! xoxo
Tolbee
tolbee
Regular

Back to the Dr. /acupuncture

Postby sleepyfoy » Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:07 pm

Hey-
We went to "school" yesterday to learn about the drugs for the FET- Had a lot of questions for the nurse. DH was there. His company makes follustim so he is very knowledgeable about this stuff even though his background is engineering and not biology as mine is and I don't understand a lot of this. The % of the transfer is 40% of the embryos thaw- I only have four and they classified them as 6 and 7 cells. That was a HUGE question yesterday.... Me being not a math major asked one cell divides you get two, two you get four four you get eight... Where do the six and seven's come in.... They said that is how the embryologist classifies them..We have a couple of weeks to decide if we want to do the FET or just do another cycle- DH is leaning towards FET but I am scared to go through the thaw and maybe just getting 2 and failing again.

I had my first acupuncture session yesterday by a woman who "specializes" in infertility.. Quite interesting.. Wondering if any others have had this.. I know someone has and I am sorry that I can't remember her name... She says it will increase the blood flow to my uterus..I was ok lying on my tummy beause I almost went to sleep. When she turned me over though to do the front, I got a slight bit anxious because I looked up at the ceiling and just thought bad stuff. I wil be going once a week if possible.

My flushing out is saline up the uterus with ultrasound...To get rid of any adhesions or whatever.. Anybody have this done? does it hurt?
Hope every one has a nice weekend. My MIL and FIL are coming and they still haven't talked to me about this- to DH yes. not to me.. should be interesting.

Take care.
Jodi(sleepyfoy)
sleepyfoy
Regular

Postby Sand » Fri Jun 24, 2005 5:12 pm

Hi Tolbee - Welcome to the site ... Hope your 2ww passes quickly for you. Why don't you join others on the General Forum (June 2ww thread) who will share your every anguish with you.

Good luck !

Sandra x
Sand
Board Veteran

Postby tolbee » Fri Jun 24, 2005 6:46 pm

Hi Sand - thanks for your message. I will join the 2ww thread as you recommended. Hope you have a great weekend. I have five more hours of work left! Tolbee
tolbee
Regular

Return to Introductions