IVF-Infertility.com home

Anyone Doing Acupuncture with IVF/FET

For new members wanting to introduce themselves.

Anyone Doing Acupuncture with IVF/FET

Postby sleepyfoy » Wed Jun 29, 2005 3:15 pm

I was wondering if anyone was doing acupuncture along with their IVF stuff? I have had 2 sessions since I had the failed IVF. We are getting ready for the FET in Aug-I am really nervous about the FET- we only have four eggs and there is always the chance for them not dethawing, I know, I know..PMA. I would be interested in chating with anyone who is going through acupuncture --Thanks!!!! Hope all the ladies who have had transfers are doing well and taking it easy.
Ciao!
Jodi (sleepyfoy)
sleepyfoy
Regular

Postby k » Wed Jun 29, 2005 4:02 pm

Hi Jodi

If you post this on the general forum you might get more response. From reading other posts a lot of people use acupuncture alongside IVF.
I had acupuncture and Im convinced it helped. I had weekly treatments for about a month leading up to ET and then 2 sessions on the day, before and after ET. It certainly relaxed me and kept me calm anyway. (Not necessarily when putting the needles in, but I felt calm after!!)
Good luck with your treatment
Love Kim
Me 36 DH 33 Male factor due to chemotherapy. IVF\ICSI May 05 +ve.
Jenna Grace born 19.1.06 then natural BFP!
Nathan Alexander born 2.10.08
k
Regular

Postby Tracii » Wed Jun 29, 2005 6:42 pm

Hi Jodi, After my -ive in April, I sought out everything which would help with round 2 and turned to acunpuncture/chinese medicine. My acu doc is associated with my clinic and specializes in female issues. She is fantastic!! After about a 2 hour discussion and checking of tongue and pulse....she pinpointed 3 main issues I was having and possibly contributing to not be able to conceive. She said it would take a while to fix these problems....which are:
1. Very poor blood circulation - reason why I am always freezing and have incredible menstrual cramps. With poor blood circulation I am not be able to send nutrients to womb/uterus and poor quality/quantity eggs.
2. Weak stomache - my body does not process food efficiently and therefore I do not get the proper nutrients
3. Liver function under stress - not my liver the organ but the chinese meaning of cleansing the body...reason I get very anxious during period.

Anyway I don"t enjoy the actual needles going in but I have noticed a difference and DH too! My hands/feet are no longer purple/green (they are always this color even in summer!!), the anxiousness has disappeared, and cramps have subsided...definitely not gone but better.

I really believe in the sessions and the chinese herbs/tea I take daily and in general is helping me healthwise.

There are lots of other woman getting acu...but I figure it can"t hurt.

Make sure you see an acu doc who believes in IVF and plan on seeing the doc prior to starting your next cycle (my doc likes to work a couple of months with someone before EC and ET).
Traci
me37,DH49
IUI 01/05:-
1. IVF - 04/05: -
2. IVF -cancelled -preg nat-m/c 5w3d
3. IVF -success
Tracii
Valued Contributor

Postby sleepyfoy » Thu Jun 30, 2005 2:46 pm

kim and Tracii

Thank you for your helpful information. I will post this on the general message board too thanks!

My acupuncturist is affliated with clinic and she is very good(I think). Interesting that you said something about your pulse Tracii because she checks my first thing and says that I have a thready weak one associated with hormones in system.. I asked her about herbs and such and she said that she would not rec any as of yet. I am going once a week until my FET then she will do the transfer thing. She was suppose to do my transfer back in June, but a client of hers went in to labor and so she had to help her out. What type of herbs/tea are you drinking/taking? Thanks for the help!

Jodi
sleepyfoy
Regular

Postby Tracii » Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:35 am

Hi Jodi! funny when she checks my pulse she says she feels 'cold' running through my body...it is all very interesting. I went yesterday and I must say this time it did not hurt as much and I actually fell asleep! (maybe cuz I was really tired as well). I am not sure what the herbs/roots...are which she prescribes. It is a big bag which I have to boil with water (boils down) and then from this liquid I make tea from it for about 2 weeks - I add honey cuz it doesn't taste great. She is actually changing the prescription based on the results. The tea is mainly for my monthly cramping and my stomache issues. The last bunch of herbs was to help with the cramps which start the day before and day of AF (I am literally in bed for these 2 days)...the herbs helped but then last month I had only cramps or rather sharp pains on the first day :evil: - which was better but still in bed! So now we are working on the first day issue...reason for new herbs/tea.

She is happy we are doing the next round in September - says we still have lots more work to do...and I agree....I also want to make sure she is not on holiday or busy the week I am scheduled for EC and ET.

Cheers, Traci

btw: although I live in Europe, my family lives in NC...sister in Durham (BIL dentist in Durham), parents in Wilmington and we have a beach house at WrightsvilleBeach. I thought I saw or read you are also in NC and a dentist?? (very lovely state!)
Traci
me37,DH49
IUI 01/05:-
1. IVF - 04/05: -
2. IVF -cancelled -preg nat-m/c 5w3d
3. IVF -success
Tracii
Valued Contributor

Return to Introductions