IVF-Infertility.com home

I am new! and need icsi info!

For new members wanting to introduce themselves.

I am new! and need icsi info!

Postby keely » Fri Jul 08, 2005 6:08 pm

Hi all,
My name is keely , i am 25 years old.
I have my first appointment at the fertility hospital ,i have been referred to, in november. We have been reccommended for icsi treatment after i had a miscarrige in 2000 and no luck getting pregnent since! not for the want of trying!!!
I have pcos and my husband to be (in 3 months!) has a very low sperm count.
I am basically looking for info and support- i am absolutley petrified of this treatment, scared of what the effects will be on me, the strain on my relationship, it failing (only one free attempt on the nhs, dont think we can afford private treatment!) but my biggest fear is that i may become pregnant only to lose my baby again- i think that i would crumble.
I was advised of this site by somebody on a wedding website, i would love to hear some experiances and veiws plus advice on what i can do to help this situation and any questions i should ask the fertility doctors.
I know we are all on here for the same reasons and thats babies! i wish all of you the luck and happiness that we all deserve,
love keely
keely

Postby k » Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:59 pm

Hi Keely

Welcome to the board. You have come to the right place, you will have a lot of support here, from girls going through the same as you.
I have been very lucky becoming pregnant on my first ICSI treatment. (Funded by the NHS). My advice would be to make sure you are physically and mentally ready for your IVF treatment. Try to make sure you have nothing (too) stressful going on in your life at the same time, because IVF does take over a bit! Having said that, going to work and enjoying other things in my life kept me sane! I also had regular Aromatherapy massages and Acupuncture leading up to my ET, and this kept me relaxed and calm.I hadnt logged onto this website until after my +ve test, so I didnt have the support and experiences of the girls on here at the time, so this will benefit you enourmously.
There are always different threads running on the general forum, so jump into where you feel comfortable. Ask questions (no matter how silly you think they are!) there is nearly always someone with an answer.
A lot of women reccommend Zita west's book, 'Fertility and conception'. I havent read it, but its very popular on here! I found a book 'in pursuit of parenthood (Real life experiences of IVF) by Kate Brian very useful.
Congratulations on your forthcoming wedding! I hope you have a wonderful day - enjoy it, it goes quick!
Take care
Love Kim
Me 36 DH 33 Male factor due to chemotherapy. IVF\ICSI May 05 +ve.
Jenna Grace born 19.1.06 then natural BFP!
Nathan Alexander born 2.10.08
k
Regular

Postby Sand » Sat Jul 09, 2005 5:16 pm

Hi Keely - Welcome !

The Zita book is a must. Knowledge is power, and the more you understand about your body and the process, the less anxious you'll feel. There're many of us ICSI-ers here, so you're in good company.

Sandra x
Me 41 yrs old - dh 49 yrs old. ttc 110 yrs.
1st cycle (ICSI)....Mar 04 -ve.
2nd cycle (ICSI)....Aug 04 -ve.
3rd cycle FET........May 05 -ve.
4th cycle (ICSI) ... Feb 06 -ve
5th cycle FET ..... Feb/Mar 11
Sand
Board Veteran

Return to Introductions