IVF-Infertility.com home

Brand New and Excited!

For new members wanting to introduce themselves.

Brand New and Excited!

Postby americnliberty » Tue Jul 12, 2005 9:09 am

Hello all!
Well I am brand new to this forum as well as infertility. I have been reading over all of the posts for the past week and have learned and understood more about infertility then I ever imagined. The support is unimaginable and you all are so caring…it is great to know there are people like that out there.

A little about myself, I am almost 24 and my husband is 27. Soon after we married, we began trying to get pregnant; missed period after missed period we thought we were but tests always turned out negative. Didn’t understand why I was so irregular but I let everyone convince me it was stress. I also assumed that it was bad timing since my husband is in the military and is gone often. We actually did flirt with infertility a couple of years ago and got all of our tests done which turned out showing nothing was wrong with either of us, but then hubby was deployed (twice) once for 4 months and the second for a year…so it put an end to that.

Now four years into trying to conceive and still no baby I am so tired of everyone telling me “we are trying to hard” or “relax, it’ll just happen when it’s time” and the yearning my husband and I have to be pregnant and have a baby is just irresistible. I knew there had to be a reason and finally a few months ago we found a great doctor who informed us I have PCOS and is why we haven’t gotten pregnant. She put me on meds to give me my period so I can start treatment and we have decided to go with the IUI. My age is in our favor and my husbands sperm count is good so hopefully with the help from meds (I’m on clomid) I am really hoping this will work out for us.

I think one of the hardest parts with dealing with this is that I have been surrounded by people who have no problem having kids so they can’t even begin to know or understand what we are going through so when I found this site…a huge weight was lifted off my shoulders. Finally a group of women who understand me and my situation and can relate to my feelings!! I can’t tell you how excited I am be a part of such a amazing group of women. Already I have learned so much and am extremely excited and optimistic about starting first treatment this month!! I hope to learn more about what to expect as I honestly don’t know too much (like I said, this all just came about a few months ago) and be a bit of support to others in my same position!

Thank you all for what you do and keep your spirits high!
Me 23 ~ DH 27
TTC ~ 4 years
First IUI~July~Negative :-(
Second IUI~August~Positive :-)
Thank you God, for our little Miracle!!

americnliberty

Sponsor

Postby DeniseM » Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:42 pm

Hi Liberty.

Welcome to the site, and good luck with your treatment. Come join us on the under 30 thread in the General Forum. There's two of us doing IUI this month over there too.
IUI twins ~ July 2006
IUI singleton ~ due Jan 15 2009
DeniseM
Valued Contributor

Postby Sand » Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:31 pm

Hi there Liberty - Welcome to the Site and glad you've found us. You need never feel alone again !

Beside the Under 30s thread that Denise mentioned, there's a thread set up on the General Forum - August Buddies / August Cycle Buddies (or something like that !) - where you'll find folk in a similar position to you.

Good luck !

Sandra x
Me 41 yrs old - dh 49 yrs old. ttc 110 yrs.
1st cycle (ICSI)....Mar 04 -ve.
2nd cycle (ICSI)....Aug 04 -ve.
3rd cycle FET........May 05 -ve.
4th cycle (ICSI) ... Feb 06 -ve
5th cycle FET ..... Feb/Mar 11
Sand
Board Veteran

Postby americnliberty » Tue Jul 12, 2005 9:11 pm

Thank you so much Sand and Denise for your welcomes! :D I feel comforted knowing that I'm not alone. I will definitely check out the other threads as I think I already have some questions arising. See you all over there!
Me 23 ~ DH 27
TTC ~ 4 years

americnliberty

Postby babiluv » Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:02 am

welcome, these ladies in here will get you thru the process. they are so brave and caring, i'm so glad i found this website. Together we can get thru this and make new friend.
babiluv

Postby princess » Wed Jul 13, 2005 6:43 am

Welcome Liberty, you will find this to be the most insane travels of your life and the most stressful just jump in and have fun.
Love
Joy
princess
Regular

Postby NickiMark » Wed Jul 13, 2005 5:33 pm

Hi Welcome!!!

I have replied to you in the IUI thread ok. Glad you found this site. XXX

Love Nic x
TTC 6yrs......Have jumped off the rollercoaster for now, too many BFN's and too much heartache, to keep going....Moving on to fulfil other dreams!!!
NickiMark
Board Veteran

Postby lumi » Wed Jul 13, 2005 6:00 pm

Welcome Liberty

Do join us......the under 30' s need you!!!!

Lumi xxx
me 31 DH 33
3rd FET...BFP...TWIN GIRLS!!!
lumi
Regular

Postby LittleP » Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:56 am

Hi there

Welcome to the site.

I am so sorry about all the stress and anguish you and DH have had to go through - coming here you will find the moral support and help from people who genuinely understand and can relate to what you are going through.

Anything you need to know, just ask - there's a great team of girls here who can help with all aspects of treatments.

Take care and good luck with everything.

Little P
LittleP
Board Veteran

Postby leigh » Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:51 pm

Welcome Liberty and good luck

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

[
Me 33 DH 33
iui April 2005 -ve
ivf in October 2005
7/11/05 BFP!!!!!!!!!!
Jake born 31.7.06, the love of our lives
leigh
Regular

Postby americnliberty » Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:20 pm

Thank you ladies sooo much!! I already feel so welcome and comfortable and its great to share and hear so many different experiences. You ladies do a great thing and I am very thankful for having this site to come to when everyone around us doesn’t seem to understand how much this means to us. I will definitely pop into the under 30 thread and keep up in the IUI thread as well…as I hopefully expressed, this site has truly been a godsend!!
:D
Me 23 ~ DH 27
TTC ~ 4 years

americnliberty

Postby americnliberty » Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:22 pm

P.S. Does anyone know why my signiture wont work for me??!! :?
Me 23 ~ DH 27
TTC ~ 4 years

americnliberty

Postby Sand » Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:00 pm

Don't know Liberty - Only thing I can suggest is making sure HTML is OFF and the BBCode is ON (in your Profile). Don't know if it'll make a difference, but don't know what else might !

Sandra x
Me 41 yrs old - dh 49 yrs old. ttc 110 yrs.
1st cycle (ICSI)....Mar 04 -ve.
2nd cycle (ICSI)....Aug 04 -ve.
3rd cycle FET........May 05 -ve.
4th cycle (ICSI) ... Feb 06 -ve
5th cycle FET ..... Feb/Mar 11
Sand
Board Veteran

Postby americnliberty » Sat Jul 16, 2005 9:21 pm

Thanks Sand....I tried that and about everyother possible way but it still hasn't worked!! :( Thank you though...I'll keep trying...I really want it to work! LOL
Me 23 ~ DH 27
TTC ~ 4 years

americnliberty

Postby gailp » Sun Jul 17, 2005 12:45 pm

Hi Welcome to the site liberty :D Hope you get your ticker sorted out :?
me 38 DH 43 TTC 7.5 yrs. 1st IVF June 05 ended in severe OHSS never made it to ET. FET Nov 05 -ive. FET April 06 -ive FET June 06 OMG BFP
gailp
Regular

Return to Introductions