IVF-Infertility.com home

New to this site

For new members wanting to introduce themselves.

New to this site

Postby nwad » Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:52 pm

Hi, my name is Dawn and I am new to this site

I have a long history of infertility problems which originally started when I was 20 years of age.

I was first diagnosed as having blocked/infected tubes at the aged of 21 and underwent tubal surgery in 1992 to help clear these blockages and infection. Unfortunately this was unsuccessful.

After years of suffering with terrible period pains and general problems I had my fallopian tubes removed in November 2002 as I was classed as high risk for an ectopic pregnancy (even though I have never actually achieved a pregnancy naturally!).

I underwent my first ivf cycle in February of this year as an egg donor and unfortunately we had a negative result.

At my review of this negative cycle it was highlighted that there could be problem with the way in which my eggs are stored are fertilization as the eggs did not continue to divide after day two.

I have been allowed to do a second cycle of egg share in the hope that I may achieve a different result. If not, further tests will need to be carried out to establish the problem with my eggs.

Has anyone else had to go through a similar experience? If so, has a pregnancy eventually been achieved?

I'm now 35 years of age and just feel that I am running out of time.

Thanks for reading my post and good luck to you all.

Dawn
xxxxxxx
1st cycle of IVF doing Egg Share - Feb 2005 - negative
2nd cycle of IVF doing Egg Share - started down regs 14th June 2005
nwad

Postby LittleP » Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:57 pm

Hi Dawn

Welcome here.

Unfortunately I can't help with your situation, but just wanted to make you feel welcome. There are loads of girls who will share their experiences with you and give you the reassurance you need.

Take care of yourself and all the very best.

Little P
LittleP
Board Veteran

Postby Yvee » Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:23 pm

Hi Dawn welcome to the site, i have found that the general forum is a better place for discussion and asking questions, so it may be better if you posted on that one. The site has been great for me and it is good to know that you are not alone going through this.

Take care
Yvee
Yvee

Postby Sand » Fri Jul 15, 2005 8:34 am

Hi Dawn - Welcome to the Site !

I'm sorry you've been through so much already. One thing that's apparent on this site is the each cycle can be so different - number of follicle / number of eggs / quality of eggs ... etc ...

I'm sure lots of PMA (positive mental attitude) helps ! Good luck with your next cycle - fingers crossed this is THE one ..

Sandra x
Me 41 yrs old - dh 49 yrs old. ttc 110 yrs.
1st cycle (ICSI)....Mar 04 -ve.
2nd cycle (ICSI)....Aug 04 -ve.
3rd cycle FET........May 05 -ve.
4th cycle (ICSI) ... Feb 06 -ve
5th cycle FET ..... Feb/Mar 11
Sand
Board Veteran

Return to Introductions