IVF-Infertility.com home

New to site, Frozen Transfer Cycle

For new members wanting to introduce themselves.

New to site, Frozen Transfer Cycle

Postby ultimatemama » Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:52 pm

Hello, I'm new to this site and happy to have found it. Infertility can be such a growing experience and it is neat to find a place with so many couples to learn from.

I am 27 next month and my husband and I are in the middle of a Frozen Embryo Transfer Cycle. We had luck with IVF the first time around (two years ago) and are hoping to get pregnant again. They will be transferring 3 embryos and this makes me a little nervous. Already a mom of 4...the oldest 3 are adopted (ages 8 1/2, 7 and 3) the youngest conceived through IVF (14 months).

Though it's not likely we will end up pregnant with 3 more, it makes me nervous to think about it. I love children and will be blessed and happy with whatever God decides to send our way!

Feeling good. Just loving the gorgeous marks (bruises) the shots are leaving on my tummy! My baseline ultrasound is the 20th of July, if all is well, transfer date will be the 29th. Anyone else doing a Frozen cycle?
ultimatemama

Postby Sand » Fri Jul 15, 2005 8:38 am

Hi Ultimatemama - Glad you found us and decided to join !

Firstly - congrats on your IVF success. This is the kind of news we love to hear !

If you pop over to the General Forum you'll see that there's an August cycle / August cycle buddy thread. If you post there, you'll be with others around the same dates as youself.

There's also an Under 30s thread, which you'll fit into quite neatly !

To to help a little, you'll see the first thread on the General Forum is dedicated to all the crazy abbreviations we use.

Good luck with your cycle !

Sandra x
Me 41 yrs old - dh 49 yrs old. ttc 110 yrs.
1st cycle (ICSI)....Mar 04 -ve.
2nd cycle (ICSI)....Aug 04 -ve.
3rd cycle FET........May 05 -ve.
4th cycle (ICSI) ... Feb 06 -ve
5th cycle FET ..... Feb/Mar 11
Sand
Board Veteran

Postby LittleP » Fri Jul 15, 2005 3:01 pm

Hi there and welcome

As Sandra says congratulations on your success story - it's so wonderful for all of us to hear positive news. It sounds like you have a busy lifestyle :lol:

I wish you loads and loads of luck with this FET cycle - keep in touch with us won't you so we know how you are getting on.

Do come and join the threads on the General Forum - there are several which refer to FET already running that you might like to join.

Take care and good luck

Little P
LittleP
Board Veteran

Postby ultimatemama » Sun Jul 17, 2005 6:38 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome ladies Sandra and LittleP! What a great place. I'll take your advice and check out the gen. forum some more.
ultimatemama

Postby Katie12563 » Sun Jul 17, 2005 7:25 pm

Here's another welcome !!!!!

I'm so excited for you. I hope all is successful!!!!

Please keep us undated...maybe use this as your thread.
I'm especially interested because I want to go to a frozen transfer cycle if my IUI is not successful...you'll be lots of encouragement for all of us!!!!

PS I also loved reading about your lovely family. How rewarding to adopt and also have one from IVF.
Me: 44...NEWLYWED
After 5 attempts (Iui & IVF)
My Little One Is Here...SOOOOoooo Happy

Katie12563
Regular

Return to Introductions