IVF-Infertility.com home

Newly Confirmed pregnancy and am bleeding/very worried

For new members wanting to introduce themselves.

Newly Confirmed pregnancy and am bleeding/very worried

Postby Nicky Hampshire » Sun Jul 24, 2005 3:26 pm

Hi, This is my first time on this site, and my first IVF cycle. I started Buserelin injections on 6/6/05 then stimulation injections on 13/06/05. Egg recovery was on wednesday 6/07/05 and I had two eggs put back on Friday 22nd July. I then suffered with ovarian hyper-stimulation syndrome which was quite painfull. I have nearly recovered from the OHSS but started bleeding on Thursday 21st. My pregnancy test was due on Friday 22nd and was positive but I am still worried as have this brown discharge for the last few days. As I had OHSS they gave me Pessaries which I have to take twice daily to support the lining of my womb so am worried if these are not working. Is there anyone who is going through the same problems or have experienced them and is there anything that I can do to stop this bleeding. very worried as this is our ownly chance of having children.:cry:
1ST IVF cycle, due to Husband having Vasectomy in previous relationship. He had sperm aspiration and we then had ICSI etc.
Had two eggs put back on 22/07/05 and have pos.preg.test but have since lost them.
Nicky Hampshire

Sponsor

Postby Sand » Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:05 pm

Hi Nicky - Welcome to the Site. Congratulations on your +ve, but I'm sorry you're going through this trauma now.

Have you contacted your clinic ? Have they given you any advice or another contact date ? Brown blood sounds like old blood to me, but obv. I'm no expert. Obviously you need to take things really easy and get tons of rest, and eat well. Other than that, I don't really think there's much you can do - apart from maybe positive visualisation ... imagine baby embies settling into the womb lining and snuggling down for the next 9 months ..

I hope you get some responses from others who have experienced the same.

Good luck

Sandra x
Me 41 yrs old - dh 49 yrs old. ttc 110 yrs.
1st cycle (ICSI)....Mar 04 -ve.
2nd cycle (ICSI)....Aug 04 -ve.
3rd cycle FET........May 05 -ve.
4th cycle (ICSI) ... Feb 06 -ve
5th cycle FET ..... Feb/Mar 11
Sand
Board Veteran

Postby DebraP » Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:41 pm

Hi Nicky, sorry you've had these worries so close to the euphoria of a positive result.

My only suggestion is to ask your clinic for another blood test tomorrow. They'll be able to compare your HCG count and if going down, usually bad news but if doubling every 48hrs as expected, they'll quickly confirm everything is OK.

good luck
Debra.
Me: 44, DH: 31
Game Over.
Dates: Aug 02 - May 06
Tries: 5 fresh + 4 frozen.
Results: 1 daughter, 2 m/c, 1 ectopic.
DebraP
Valued Contributor

Postby dancola » Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:24 pm

Can only reiterate what Debra has said. I had a similar experience last December – a +ve HPT but accompanied with bleeding. Brown at first (which is old so OK) but then it got red and fresh. As soon as I had the +ve HPT I rang my clinic who got me in for a blood test and this should be something you do anyway because with IVF you have a slightly higher risk of an ectopic and my clinic told me that bleeding could be a sign of that, so they like to check your HCG levels. My first blood test was good, but sadly I then went on to miscarry.

If you’ve not already done so, go in for an HCG test so that the clinic can start monitoring your levels.
dancola
Regular

Postby k » Mon Jul 25, 2005 5:48 pm

Hi Nicky

Im sorry you are going through this worry. I do know of girls on the first trimester thread who have had bleeding\spotting while pregnant and their scans showed that everything was still ok. I hope this is the outcome for you as well.
Take care
Love Kim
Me 36 DH 33 Male factor due to chemotherapy. IVF\ICSI May 05 +ve.
Jenna Grace born 19.1.06 then natural BFP!
Nathan Alexander born 2.10.08
k
Regular

Postby LittleP » Tue Jul 26, 2005 4:50 pm

Hi Nicky

I hope that things have settled down and you are feeling reassured. Did you speak to the hospital and get it all sorted?

Let us know how you are getting on. Keeping everything crossed for you.

PMA

Little P
LittleP
Board Veteran

Postby Smita » Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:57 am

Hi Nicky,
Hope you're ok.. can understand what you're going thru cause I'm still spotting daily.. almost 11 weeks now..started spotting abt 5 days after they confirmed pg- the scans have been ok so far..
the spotting even turned red at times, but the baby's hanging in there..Take it easy..Take rest..Leave it to God..

Take care..
me-32, dh 40
ttc 4+ years
4 failed IUI's
1st ICSI +ve 17/6/05:)
Baby girl Dhruvaa born on 14/02/06
Smita
Valued Contributor

Postby bubblymichelle » Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:39 am

I can understand why you are so worried, I bled through my pregnancy uptil I was 18wks pg and sometimes it was bright red blood. The hospital said to me providing it was brown blood I was ok because it was old blood. Well I did have red blood and sometimes it could easily of been mistaken for a period, but I just want you to know that I have my son Alex who is 17 months old and that you can bleed throughout your pregnancy and it not always be a negative story.
Love
Shell.
xx
bubblymichelle
Valued Contributor

Postby ESTHER » Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:43 pm

Hie

Iam so sorry you are going thru such a worrying time. But as you said its brown blood I would advice you to take lots of rest and have plenty of fluids thats what my clinic adviced me when I started discharging brown blood. However your Doc wil give you the best advice.
ttc 6,5year
1st ivf..20/06/05..positive

Baby girl Paris Ruvarashe Born on the 10th of March 2006.
ESTHER
Regular

Postby tolbee » Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:41 pm

Hi Nicky,
I completely understand your worries as I am also experiencing occasional bleeding/spotting. I was asked to call the clinic every time it happens and they normally do a sonogram for me to make sure everything is ok.

I would contact your clinic and follow your doctor's advise. It is common to bleed early in the pregnancy, I heard, so try to be positive! Put your feet up and be a couch potato.

Cheers,
Tolbee
Me: 36 DH: 34
IVF June 05 +ve DS born 2/27/06
FET June 07 +ve B/G Twins born 2/11/2008 at 34 wks + 4 days
Natural Pregnancy!! Baby due May 09!
tolbee
Regular

update from my bleeding.

Postby Nicky Hampshire » Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:56 am

Hi Thanks for all of your replys to my message. I did contact my clinic after your suggestions and went for another blood test. This was good news as it had gone up from 27 to 204 in 3 days so they said that I didn't have to worry about the bleeding. Two days later I started suffering with OHSS again, and went into hospital. I was in hospital for 5 days and they kept doing my HCG levels as I continued to bleed and It had now got quite red, more like a period. Sad to say they confirmed that my levels were dropping and that I was having a misscarage. As I have suffered with OHSS quite badly I am reluctant to think about trying again with a fresh cycle, but we do have two embryo's frozen. I will keep you all updated as have a follow up meeting with the clinic at the end of August. Thank you for all your support and I wish you all luck with your cycles.
Nicky xxx
1ST IVF cycle, due to Husband having Vasectomy in previous relationship. He had sperm aspiration and we then had ICSI etc.
Had two eggs put back on 22/07/05 and have pos.preg.test but have since lost them.
Nicky Hampshire

Postby ESTHER » Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:05 am

Nicky

Iam sorry to hear about your loss. No amount of words will make you feel better but please know that you are in my prayers and good luck with your next cycle.
ttc 6,5year
1st ivf..20/06/05..positive

Baby girl Paris Ruvarashe Born on the 10th of March 2006.
ESTHER
Regular

Postby LittleP » Tue Aug 09, 2005 11:19 am

Nicky

I am so sorry about your news. Do take care of yourself and remember we're all here for you when you feel ready to chat. Nothing I can say will take away the pain, but try and pamper yourself a bit at the moment.

I hope the follow up appointment goes well - let us know how you get on.

Big hugs

Little P
LittleP
Board Veteran

Return to Introductions