IVF-Infertility.com home

Hello

For new members wanting to introduce themselves.

Hello

Postby AngeWG » Sun Jul 24, 2005 6:09 pm

Hello - New to the site

Starting first IVF - sniffing begins at 7 AM tomorrow morning

The reason for tmt is that I have blocked tubes.

DH is being wonderful and supportive even though I know I am being totally unreasonable most of the time! I am already an emotional mess, so god only knows how I will be once on the medication!

I spent most of the afternoon reading the posts here. Some made me laugh and others made me tearful (but that's not hard at the moment!).
:cry:

We have not told any members of our families what is going on at the moment, just my sister and a few of my closest friends, so finding this site and reading about what others are going through has helped me.

Good wishes to you all.
Ange

Me 40 DH 41
1st IVF Aug 05 +ve - Twins!
Stefan and Mollie arrived 02.05.06
We may have double the work but we get double smiles, double kisses and double cuddles.
AngeWG
Regular

Postby Sand » Sun Jul 24, 2005 6:32 pm

Ange - Hello and Welcome to the Site. Glad you've found us ! Yes - You will have both laughs and crys here - that's how it goes.

Best of luck with your cycle .... Here's hoping you're first time lucky ! (It does happen)

Sandra x
Me 41 yrs old - dh 49 yrs old. ttc 110 yrs.
1st cycle (ICSI)....Mar 04 -ve.
2nd cycle (ICSI)....Aug 04 -ve.
3rd cycle FET........May 05 -ve.
4th cycle (ICSI) ... Feb 06 -ve
5th cycle FET ..... Feb/Mar 11
Sand
Board Veteran

Postby DebraP » Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:00 am

Hello there, I was a first-time lucky 38yr old so take heart, there are good stories out there.

I hope the first round of sniffing went well this morning. I think you've already found the buddy boards on the other side but there's also a great book (some libraries have it, or www.play.com), called Fertility & Conception by Zita West. It answers nearly all technical questions plus has lots to say on how to prepare for treatment, what to eat etc.

So take a deep breath.... it's begun :D

Debra.
Me: 44, DH: 31
Game Over.
Dates: Aug 02 - May 06
Tries: 5 fresh + 4 frozen.
Results: 1 daughter, 2 m/c, 1 ectopic.
DebraP
Valued Contributor

Postby debbieed » Mon Jul 25, 2005 1:20 pm

Hello and welcome,
Begining the sniffing is exciting as it really starts to feel as if things are moving along. Well done for getting this far and hang on in there for the rest of the rollercoaster.
I hope you find this site helpful and supportive - I know I have.
We didn't tell many people about the treatment either and have stuck like that throughout. Only a few select people know- I think it's easier for me that way - especially if I get a BPN again - not that that will necessarily happen for you.
Best of luck

Love
Debbie
Age 40
Dh 42
ttc#1
1st IVF Oct 2004 -ive
2nd IVF March 2005 -ive
3rd (and final) IVF August 2005 +ive

debbieed
Regular

Return to Introductions