IVF-Infertility.com home

Hello!

For new members wanting to introduce themselves.

Hello!

Postby clair55 » Sun Jul 24, 2005 10:19 am

Hi my name is clair. I first looked at a sight like this about 18 months ago. I 'd just been discharged from hospital after having an ovarian cyst removed. They discovered that i had endometriosis and that my right tube was damaged. They had to remove my left tube and most of my left ovary due to the damage caused by the cyst. Subsequently I was told that it was highly unlikely i would ever conceive naturally and IVF was our only option. I had come off the pill six months before to start trying for a baby the problems started them. Anyway i sat looking at the computer screen reading the messages from other women and i couldn't cope too much infomation to soon... it's took me all this time to come back but i'm here now..progress.

I start "sniffing" tomorrow, first scan 8th August. I'm 30 and my husbands 34 he's been brilliant even after i told him to leave me and find a woman who could give him children. I know that although deep down he would be disappointed he constantly reminds me how he married me because he loves me, not to have his children. My FSH is very high 14.8 at last count. We've been told that we have less than a 15% chance of getting pregnant and a 5% chance of a live birth. I try to remain optimistic but as i am sure you all know it's hard.

I have very supportive friends and family i know i'm lucky. It's been an emotional rollercoaster just getting this far and i am scared/excited of the next steps. Sometimes i feel guilty when i'm whollowing in self pity, an aquaintance was diagnosed with ovarian cancer the same time i was diagnosed with the cyst, she's 35 and terminally ill!!!!

Anyway thank you for reading as you have gathered i'm a bit of a chatterbox. It's nice to actually "talk" to someone who knows what your feeling without trying to explain. Will keep you posted about meds/treatment/scan. Any tips?????
clair55
Regular

Postby DebraP » Sun Jul 24, 2005 10:50 am

Hello, my best tip is to join the threads of other people about to start treatment, in the July/August buddy threads on the General Forum. There are always 10+ people at any one stage which makes it SO much easier when it all seems too much/bewildering/painful/scary.....and of course, exciting, active, reassuring too.....I've been on here for 1.5yrs now and every single month new people join, have tmt, get their +ve and move straight over to the PG board. It will happen this month, and next, and the next....there's no reason why it shouldn't be you :)

Re. the sniffing. I've never had problems (Synrela). It's easy to wonder if it's working, if you sneeze etc. but generally, it's a cinch. Watch for mood swings, snappishness, unpredictable responses to DH over anything at all :)

Good luck,

Debra.
Me: 44, DH: 31
Game Over.
Dates: Aug 02 - May 06
Tries: 5 fresh + 4 frozen.
Results: 1 daughter, 2 m/c, 1 ectopic.
DebraP
Valued Contributor

Postby Sand » Sun Jul 24, 2005 1:01 pm

Hi Clair - Welcome !! We recommend you read Zita West's "Fertility and Conception" which is full of useful info and tips all round. She also talks a little on ways she believes can help reduce FSH. It's wel worth £15 !

Good luck with your cycle !

Sandra x
Me 41 yrs old - dh 49 yrs old. ttc 110 yrs.
1st cycle (ICSI)....Mar 04 -ve.
2nd cycle (ICSI)....Aug 04 -ve.
3rd cycle FET........May 05 -ve.
4th cycle (ICSI) ... Feb 06 -ve
5th cycle FET ..... Feb/Mar 11
Sand
Board Veteran

Postby clair55 » Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:31 pm

Thanks to Debra and Sand for Welcome and have followed your advice.

Thanks again
Clair
Me -31
DH - 35
1st Attempt IVF Aug/Sept 05= BFN
Next cycle with ICSI, hopefully April 2006 = BFN
Hydrosalphinx being removed in November. ICSI next year. Last chance saloon!
clair55
Regular

Postby NickiMark » Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:52 pm

Hi clair. Welcome. I have just seen ur post in the august buddies. I am there too. I am just waiting for AF. Then we can get going with our IUI.

All the best dear x x
TTC 6yrs......Have jumped off the rollercoaster for now, too many BFN's and too much heartache, to keep going....Moving on to fulfil other dreams!!!
NickiMark
Board Veteran

Return to Introductions