IVF-Infertility.com home

Super Ovulation stage

For new members wanting to introduce themselves.

Super Ovulation stage

Postby Jeni Babes » Mon Aug 08, 2005 3:10 pm

Hi Guys...
I am a newbie, 38 yr-old. on my first IVF attempt. Have been preg twice in past 19 months, both ending at 8wks as ectopics. Am now tubeless and am on day 6 of menogon 375 inj. Due a scan on wed 9th.
I had a v. small drops of blood on Sat with strong pmt cramps, phoned the hosp who said that I have just to w8 until my scan. Feel okay about this as the bleeding was so slight. What is worrying me is that the first 3 days of inj I was bloated and sore in the ovary region. Now I am just slightly swollen and tender. Am worried that this hasn't worked and will have to start all over again. :? :cry: Is it all the inj that make me so negative or am i just 2 scared to get my hopes up :!: :!: :?:
Is anyone else out there have/had a similar prob or any advice... to get my feet back on the ground??? God knows what my 2ww will be like if I am strung out now.
Jeni Babes

Sponsor

Postby LittleP » Mon Aug 08, 2005 3:41 pm

Jen

Welcome to the site.

Don't worry you are definitely not alone. The worries through the different stages of IVF hit us all. The fact that there seems to be such a wide variety of symptoms doesn't help because you start to question how you are reacting to the various drugs. If you are at all concerned the best person to ask for 100% reassurance is your hospital. I am sure that everything fine, but it is such an anxious and difficult time, sometimes just a friendly reassuring voice can make all the difference.

With everything you have already been through it makes it difficult to relax and not question everything. Try and stay as stressfree as possible.

I shall keep everything crossed that the scan gives you all the PMA you need.

When you feel ready pop over to the General Forum and join the other girls there. There is a thread for all the August Buddies - you might find it helpful comparing notes on a daily basis with the other girls currently going through a cycle.

Take care and loads of luck.

Little P
LittleP
Board Veteran

Postby Jeni Babes » Mon Aug 08, 2005 3:49 pm

thanks little p for the friendly welcome... feel better just by posting my worries on the site...and getting some support . :D
will join you others on the site soon.

jeni babes
Jeni Babes

Postby Sand » Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:30 pm

Hi jeni - Just wanted to say a quick Hello and hope you find the Site supportive. I hope things pan out for you soon.

The medi does funny things to our minds - don't think you are alone !

Sandra x
Me 41 yrs old - dh 49 yrs old. ttc 110 yrs.
1st cycle (ICSI)....Mar 04 -ve.
2nd cycle (ICSI)....Aug 04 -ve.
3rd cycle FET........May 05 -ve.
4th cycle (ICSI) ... Feb 06 -ve
5th cycle FET ..... Feb/Mar 11
Sand
Board Veteran

Postby Jeni Babes » Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:41 am

:? :? :? :?
I have posted the result of the scan on the general forum...Don't know if i should have replied on this site or not...

jen
xxxxxx
Jeni Babes

Postby Sand » Fri Aug 12, 2005 6:15 am

You've done right Jen .. Folk usually just introduce themselves over here, then move over to the General.

I'll look for your news over there later ..

Sandra x
Me 41 yrs old - dh 49 yrs old. ttc 110 yrs.
1st cycle (ICSI)....Mar 04 -ve.
2nd cycle (ICSI)....Aug 04 -ve.
3rd cycle FET........May 05 -ve.
4th cycle (ICSI) ... Feb 06 -ve
5th cycle FET ..... Feb/Mar 11
Sand
Board Veteran

Return to Introductions