IVF-Infertility.com home

Just about to start the rollercoaster

For new members wanting to introduce themselves.

Just about to start the rollercoaster

Postby AJ » Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:35 am

Hi Everyone,

As I have just registered I thought I would intro myself.

My dh and I have a lovely little boy but are now experiencing secondary infertility. After years of trying for no. 2 I was diagnosed with PCOS. However, I do ovulate albeit about cd20. We have done all the tests on the NHS and are now going private to start treatment.

I have several questions. First off, will my private clinic accept the results of all my diagnostic tests on the nhs? If not it is going to cost a lot of money to repeat them all and we are not flush. Secondly, are there any others experiencing 2nd infertilty? And finally, has anyone on this site used Essex Fertility Centre and if so are they as good as they look??

Thanks very much and good luck to everyone.

:)
AJ

Sponsor

Postby leigh » Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:48 am

Hi AJ
Welcome to the site. I can only answer one of your questions. When I was referred to clinic did not have to repeat tests, they accepted results from nhs hospital. I am sure you will get answers to other questions v soon.

xxxxxxxx

[
Me 33 DH 33
iui April 2005 -ve
ivf in October 2005
7/11/05 BFP!!!!!!!!!!
Jake born 31.7.06, the love of our lives
leigh
Regular

Postby NickiMark » Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:58 am

Hi welcome to this site. We'll keep u sane! x x

I am at ISIS in essex. Where are you?

Good Luck dear x x
TTC 6yrs......Have jumped off the rollercoaster for now, too many BFN's and too much heartache, to keep going....Moving on to fulfil other dreams!!!
NickiMark
Board Veteran

Postby AJ » Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:27 am

Hi,

Sorry I meant that I am at The Essex Fertility Centre in Buckhurst Hill. Nearer London than colchester. I read about Isis but I knew they had entrant criteria so as have a kid and overweight didn't think I would be accepted. My nearest centre is in brentwood but it hasn't got very good success rates because it is so new so I decided to go slightly further afield instead. Mind you I have my initial consultation in a week so they might not accept me there either.

Good to meet some local bods though.
AJ

Postby NickiMark » Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:02 pm

Really, I didnt know that they had entry limit's. Im slightly over weight about 1 stone. I never realised that.....Oh!!!

Good Luck dear x x
TTC 6yrs......Have jumped off the rollercoaster for now, too many BFN's and too much heartache, to keep going....Moving on to fulfil other dreams!!!
NickiMark
Board Veteran

Postby DebraP » Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:11 pm

Hi and welcome. I can't answer any of your questions unfortunately but good luck with starting treatment. Rollercoaster is a very good description!

I'd be very surprised if a clinic turned you down because of your first child. We often discuss weight on here as comfort eating is well, a comfort... and treatment often packs on the pounds. Not sure if it's the meds or being worried that strenuous exercise will upset the protocol but many of us find weight gain a problem. There's a HealthyBodies, HealthyMinds thread over on the General Forum, we lightly discuss how we're doing, actual pounds are rarely mentioned, come and join us!

Debra.
Me: 44, DH: 31
Game Over.
Dates: Aug 02 - May 06
Tries: 5 fresh + 4 frozen.
Results: 1 daughter, 2 m/c, 1 ectopic.
DebraP
Valued Contributor

Postby Sand » Fri Aug 12, 2005 6:20 am

Hi AJ .. Welcome to the Site.

I am in the process of moving from NHS to Private. The Private clinic will accept any previous tests results, but say from their experience you may find it difficult / stressful trying to get copies from your NHS files ... longwinded and often not the right pieces of paper turning up ! Also, that the NHS just usually charge for the photocopying.

They did say, however, that some tests need to be bang up to date or are irrelevant - eg. FSH level results need to be within the last 3 months ...

Good luck AJ !

Sandra x
Me 41 yrs old - dh 49 yrs old. ttc 110 yrs.
1st cycle (ICSI)....Mar 04 -ve.
2nd cycle (ICSI)....Aug 04 -ve.
3rd cycle FET........May 05 -ve.
4th cycle (ICSI) ... Feb 06 -ve
5th cycle FET ..... Feb/Mar 11
Sand
Board Veteran

Return to Introductions