IVF-Infertility.com home

Also new!

For new members wanting to introduce themselves.

Also new!

Postby Mustang » Sat Aug 13, 2005 7:00 pm

Hi all!

I have just joined this forum and am finding it fantastic already.
We have just completed our first course of IVF and were told to do our own test on 10.08 as our consultant is on holiday, which was positive!!

We did another one yesterday (just to be sure) which we were relieved to see was also positve. We did go over to have a blood test on Wednesday and Friday to ensure hormone levels are rising which we should get the results of on Monday - so hoping they will be OK.
Durning 8 years of ttc we did have 2 pregnancies early on which both miscarried so hoping things will be ok this time however feeling slightly anxious about it.

I have been getting twinges & slight pains almost daily for couple of weeks now which have put down to the pessaries? :?:
Was wondering if anyone else has had pains with them, it seems to be a couple of hours after inserting them. Also I have read on other messages that quite a few people have been told to lie down after but nothing has been mentioned to me about doing this.
Does that make a difference I wonder?

Nice to be able to talk to people in same position!!

Sally
Trying for approx. 8 years
Iui 3 attempts
Ivf 1 attempt
2 pregnancies years ago before treatment which both ended in miscarraige.
Mustang

Sponsor

Postby Sand » Sun Aug 14, 2005 6:10 am

Hi Sally - Welcome to the Site. Congratulations on your successful cycle ! Everyone seems to experience different symptoms Sally. Try to enjoy your time !

As for lying down - do you mean after ET, or througout the 2ww ? Again, everyone's different. I was up and in the loo 2 mins after ET, and my hospital advise just to 'carry on as normal' during 2ww (as though !).

Let us know the results of your bloods tomorrow.

Sandra x
Me 41 yrs old - dh 49 yrs old. ttc 110 yrs.
1st cycle (ICSI)....Mar 04 -ve.
2nd cycle (ICSI)....Aug 04 -ve.
3rd cycle FET........May 05 -ve.
4th cycle (ICSI) ... Feb 06 -ve
5th cycle FET ..... Feb/Mar 11
Sand
Board Veteran

Postby DebraP » Sun Aug 14, 2005 8:16 am

Congratulations Sally, looks like you're one of the not-so-uncommon first-time-lucky squad. You might be sailing straight over to the Pg after Tmt board, there are lots of newly pg women over there so plenty of chat about twinges and aches, scans and miracles!

The aches are often the ovaries shrinking back to normal size and the body busy repairing from the ET + of course, adapting to being pg.

Good luck with the blood test results but 2 hpts sound pretty convincing!

Debra (who lives in frozen Scandanavia but whose parents live just outside Stowmarket)
Me: 44, DH: 31
Game Over.
Dates: Aug 02 - May 06
Tries: 5 fresh + 4 frozen.
Results: 1 daughter, 2 m/c, 1 ectopic.
DebraP
Valued Contributor

Postby NickiMark » Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:05 am

Welcome. x x See u about the boards. good luck x x
TTC 6yrs......Have jumped off the rollercoaster for now, too many BFN's and too much heartache, to keep going....Moving on to fulfil other dreams!!!
NickiMark
Board Veteran

Postby k » Sun Aug 14, 2005 1:45 pm

Hi sally

Congratulations! :D :D
I had daily AF (period) type pains from the day before my +ve test. I also had side pains due to my ovaries still been enlarged after the drugs. (This showed on my first scan at 6.5 wks preg but on 2nd scan at 8.5 wks ovaries had completely returned to normal). I also had slight 'sharp' pains after using the pessaries.
As far as lying down after the pessaries, I presume most women do this to help them to absorb better or prevent them coming out again! I must admit I didnt have time to lie down after unless it was when I was going to bed!
Come and join the pregnancy after treatment board. There is a first trimester thread running at the moment.
All the best for your pregnancy!
Take care
Love Kim
Me 36 DH 33 Male factor due to chemotherapy. IVF\ICSI May 05 +ve.
Jenna Grace born 19.1.06 then natural BFP!
Nathan Alexander born 2.10.08
k
Regular

Postby Smita » Sun Aug 14, 2005 1:59 pm

Hi sally,
welcome to the boards!
Abt the pessaries, i was told by my clinic to lie down for at east half an hour after inserting them..
me-32, dh 40
ttc 4+ years
4 failed IUI's
1st ICSI +ve 17/6/05:)
Baby girl Dhruvaa born on 14/02/06
Smita
Valued Contributor

Postby LittleP » Sun Aug 14, 2005 4:33 pm

Hi Sally

Congratulations - well done to you and DH.

I have been on the pessaries and wasn't told anything about lying down after them. Maybe it depends on whether they are going in the front or back (Sorry TMI).

Take care of yourself and see you around.

Little P
LittleP
Board Veteran

Postby Sand » Sun Aug 14, 2005 5:18 pm

Sally - I've just read LP's post, and of course you mean lying down after inserting the pessaries ?? Derrr !

I wasn't told to do this either but experience has shown that if I do lay down for 20 mins afterwards, most of the seepage doesn't occur.

Good luck !

Sandra x
Me 41 yrs old - dh 49 yrs old. ttc 110 yrs.
1st cycle (ICSI)....Mar 04 -ve.
2nd cycle (ICSI)....Aug 04 -ve.
3rd cycle FET........May 05 -ve.
4th cycle (ICSI) ... Feb 06 -ve
5th cycle FET ..... Feb/Mar 11
Sand
Board Veteran

Postby DebraP » Sun Aug 14, 2005 5:51 pm

yep me too! I didn't get the lying down bit at first. I was told to use my pessaries last thing at night to ensure I'd be flat immediately afterwards. No seepage ever by the way.

Debra.
Me: 44, DH: 31
Game Over.
Dates: Aug 02 - May 06
Tries: 5 fresh + 4 frozen.
Results: 1 daughter, 2 m/c, 1 ectopic.
DebraP
Valued Contributor

Postby Mustang » Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:56 pm

Thanks for all your replies!! Youve all been most helpful and supportive.

Think I will take advice & move over to Pregnancy after treatment side.

Had results today from hormone level tests, they just said that they were going up nicely so that must be good news!
Im still getting pains but sure they are down to pessarys. Its just something else to worry about each time I get them!

Thanks to you all for advice & comments.

Sally
Trying for approx. 8 years
Iui 3 attempts
Ivf 1 attempt
2 pregnancies years ago before treatment which both ended in miscarraige.
Mustang

Postby LittleP » Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:10 pm

Sally

As long as your levels are going are that is a good sign. If you are really concerned about the pains do ask your hospital their opinion - that is what they are there for.

Remember it could be the pains that come during the early stages of pregnancy - sort or stretching pains.

See you on the Pregnant after Treatment side.

Little P
LittleP
Board Veteran

Return to Introductions