IVF-Infertility.com home

OVERSTIMULATION! SCARED AND IN PAIN -HELP ANYONE?

For new members wanting to introduce themselves.

OVERSTIMULATION! SCARED AND IN PAIN -HELP ANYONE?

Postby CARINABOO » Tue Aug 16, 2005 1:48 am

:? HELP! Iam in my first cycle of IVF as my fiance was found to have testicular cancer and no sperm count (though they managed to find a few to try IVF with) I am on a short protocol and had egg collection yesterday. I have been in LOTS of pain since(AND TERRIBLY BLOATED BEFORE), I can barely move and my estrogen was very high. The thought of passing urine is unbarable as the pain in the sides of my lower tummy is so great I cant stand it! they think they wont risk transferring back in til I am better. I am sad I wont get to have a fresh embryo transferred, i feel very alone and scared. i am bed ridden and my partner is at work today. This feeling is terrible, does anyone out there understand or can offer advice, i would appreciate it. thanks :)
Both 30-Male Factor (Test.Cancer)
Aug 05 OHSS: transfer cancelled (3 embies frozen)
Nov 05 BFP !!! 1 embryo transferred
June 06: ID girls from 1 blastocyst.
Chelsea and Jaselle born @ 32 weeks 5/6/06
CARINABOO

Postby Smita » Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:01 am

Hi carinaboo,
Welcome to the site..
About a year back when i tried IUI I overstimulated to almost the same extent as you- in the sense that I was bloated, and the thought of moving also hurt..the pain took abt a week,10 days to heal fully, but my cycle was cancelled at that time.
Wishing you freedom from pain soon- I'm sure you'll find a lot of others who have had OHSS and can get support in all the ways you want.
GOOD LUCK WITH TREATMENT!
Sending you hugs,
Smita.
me-32, dh 40
ttc 4+ years
4 failed IUI's
1st ICSI +ve 17/6/05:)
Baby girl Dhruvaa born on 14/02/06
Smita
Valued Contributor

Postby DeniseM » Tue Aug 16, 2005 11:05 am

Welcome to the site!

There are alot of women here who could tell you about OHSS, and also many who can tell you of successful pg's with a FET.

Come over to the general forum, that's where most of us are.
IUI twins ~ July 2006
IUI singleton ~ due Jan 15 2009
DeniseM
Valued Contributor

Postby Sand » Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:32 pm

Hi Carinaboo ... Sorry to hear you won't get to the fresh transfer. I can imagine just how disappointed you must feel. On my last fresh cycle I was given the option of continuing on day of ET as I felt so rough, so I can empathise with how you are feeling. If the docs have decided not to go ahead it really is for your own good. It will be much better for you to wait a couple of months and have the baby frosties put back under optimum conditions. The discomfort (pain !) will get easier, but it will take some time. I remember it being 7 days after EC before I could even straighten up ... Just take it real easy and take care.

Sandra x
Me 41 yrs old - dh 49 yrs old. ttc 110 yrs.
1st cycle (ICSI)....Mar 04 -ve.
2nd cycle (ICSI)....Aug 04 -ve.
3rd cycle FET........May 05 -ve.
4th cycle (ICSI) ... Feb 06 -ve
5th cycle FET ..... Feb/Mar 11
Sand
Board Veteran

THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT

Postby CARINABOO » Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:04 pm

I am more confident everything will be OK. I havent been on here for 2 days as it got worse. Infact we nearly called an ambulance but I didnt want them to move me.!! I felt like I rather lay there and die!! irrational huh. My doc says the OHSS had got up to moderate and I also have some bleeding into my stomach which Is why I am in so much pain. He nearly put me in hospital but my bloods had started to come down so just have to ride it out. Oh well, atleast I havent had to deal with the dissapointment of no fresh transfer......to much pain and swelling to consider anymore in that area!! thanks again and good luck to EVERYONE .
Both 30-Male Factor (Test.Cancer)
Aug 05 OHSS: transfer cancelled (3 embies frozen)
Nov 05 BFP !!! 1 embryo transferred
June 06: ID girls from 1 blastocyst.
Chelsea and Jaselle born @ 32 weeks 5/6/06
CARINABOO

Return to Introductions