IVF-Infertility.com home

For new members wanting to introduce themselves.

Postby sara05 » Mon Aug 22, 2005 6:09 pm

hi my name is sara ive just found this site while surffing the web for info on ivf as im currently due to take my first try after 3 failed atempts at IUI dont know what to expect really but no its going to be a roller coaster ride of emotion. Been pretty disapointed in nt concieving through IUI as i had pretty much all my hopes built on this. Been reading the message board and its nice to see that im not the only one going through this n thought it would be nice to chat to people who understand what me and my partner are going through so hope to hear from everyone :o :lol:
sara05

Sponsor

Postby Sand » Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:20 pm

Hi Sara - Welcome to the Site. Hope you find the boards supportive.

Sorry to hear you've had 3 -ve IUIs. Good luck with your impending IVF cycle. We recommend you read Zita West's "Ferility and Conception". The more knowledge you have, the more in control you'll feel. Feel free to come over to the General Forum. You'll find girls gather in months, dependent on when they're cycling. There's already a Sep cycle buddy thread .. you may find girls there who are cycling around your dates. Also, the 2nd thread on the General is dedicated to all the abbreviations used - just in case you get stuck !

Good luck Sara !

Sandra x
Me 41 yrs old - dh 49 yrs old. ttc 110 yrs.
1st cycle (ICSI)....Mar 04 -ve.
2nd cycle (ICSI)....Aug 04 -ve.
3rd cycle FET........May 05 -ve.
4th cycle (ICSI) ... Feb 06 -ve
5th cycle FET ..... Feb/Mar 11
Sand
Board Veteran

Postby DebraP » Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:35 pm

Hi Sara, there are lots and lots of us in the same boat on this board so it really helps to chat with others who understand what it's like. Friends and family try to understand but just can't unless they've been through the same experiences.

Like Sandra said, the book (some libraries have it although personally, I use mine constantly) is an excellent source of advice, information and clear ideas on how we can best prepare for tmt.

Good luck
Debra.
Me: 44, DH: 31
Game Over.
Dates: Aug 02 - May 06
Tries: 5 fresh + 4 frozen.
Results: 1 daughter, 2 m/c, 1 ectopic.
DebraP
Valued Contributor

Postby sara05 » Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:20 pm

thanxs for your reply i know what you mean friends try try be simpathectic but they cant begin to understand hw u feel. A lot of my work friends are either preganant or just had a baby with no probs. I dread those words" i ve got something to tell u " , which i seem to be hearing a lot lately. But what hurts more is when then havent dared tell me because they didnt want to upset me. There are 2 people preganant at the min one is due in 3wks and everyone knew b4 me which hurt cause id rather no , as my problems arent theres n im happy for them. How is it that it always seems to b everyone but you thats what i cant understand.
sara05

Postby Yvee » Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:02 pm

Hi Sara

You have come to the right place for advice, support and so much more. This site has been great for me, as I know I am not the only one going through this. Sometimes i feel like close family and friends do not really understand how it does feel to be in this position. I too have just completed 3 unsuccessful attempts at IUI, and am still to see the doc to discuss my next step - i guess it will be IVF. I also understand what you mean by people not telling you about their pregnancies, everyone I know seems to having babies. Although I am really happy for them, I can,t help but feel jealous, angry, upset...you'll be feeling the same I guess?

Post any question you like and someone always answers.

Wishing you all the best
Yvee
Yvee

Postby sara05 » Tue Aug 23, 2005 5:38 pm

Yvee thanx for your reply its nice to know im not the only one feeling this way cause it feels like it at the min i just feel like crying all the time my partners sister is having a baby n is due any day im so excited for her its her first n she is 42 but also jealous and angry that its nt me it makes it worse wth so many people having babies around me :cry: :cry:
Last edited by sara05 on Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sara05

Postby NickiMark » Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:17 am

sara, welcome!

Ive had 2 iui...just found out it's failed today....... might do a 3rd iui then move to ivf....dont know yet.
But u've come to the right place to met ppl. Glad you found us.

Good Luck with the IVF coming up.... x x
TTC 6yrs......Have jumped off the rollercoaster for now, too many BFN's and too much heartache, to keep going....Moving on to fulfil other dreams!!!
NickiMark
Board Veteran

Postby Jeni Babes » Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:27 am

:lol:

Just wanted to say Hi and GOOD LUCK with your treatment (tmt) Sara.

jen
xx
Jeni Babes

Postby sara05 » Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:08 pm

Nickimark im sorry that it didnt work for u id try again. U nvr know it just might work for u. I keep my fingers crossed. Ivf will probs be nxt optiotion cause it has been for me. Hartlepool only gets one try 4 free on the NHS though then u pay. Which is worring. Anyway try nt to be to upset although i know its really hard if your anything like me. :D :D :D
sara05

Return to Introductions