IVF-Infertility.com home

re ivf

For new members wanting to introduce themselves.

re ivf

Postby sara05 » Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:52 pm

Hi can anyone tell me what to expect when i start ivf ive gt this big precription with loads off drugs on what i have to get from the chemists before i next go to hospital to c doc on 6th sept which is when they are going to run through things what to take n when. I know that i start taking first tablets on 6th of oct but apart from that i havnt ct a clue. There seems so many oh n injections i know ive gt to do them but done them with IUI so ok wth them apart from i feel like a pin cushion :shock: :shock:
sara05

Postby DebraP » Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:05 pm

Sara, you might get some more targetted help if you let us know which drugs are on the prescription. For instance, to downreg (eg. close down the natural cycle) I take Synerala (which is inhaled) but others need to inject their meds. To stim (start your system up again with increased dosages of what the body would normally produce and thus end up with more follicles than usual) I inject Puregon which uses an auto-injector pen which does all the work for you and doesn't hurt or bruise the stomach. Others use completely different meds which need to be injected in the bottom by 2nd person.

I know this is all a bit much to take in before you start. Have you had a look at Fertility & Conception by Zita West? she takes you through each tmt in clear detail.

hth and good luck,
Debra.
Me: 44, DH: 31
Game Over.
Dates: Aug 02 - May 06
Tries: 5 fresh + 4 frozen.
Results: 1 daughter, 2 m/c, 1 ectopic.
DebraP
Valued Contributor

Postby sara05 » Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:21 pm

[quote="DebraP"]
i have a planning sheet which has in order of what to take n tests the names of the drugs on my prescription are :

Cyclogest Vaginal Pessaries 400mgx6 days
Buserelin 15ml muli use vials
Menopur 225x 10 days
pregnl 10,000 x 1
Doxycyline100mg x 10 days
i only know what pregnl is as thats what i used for injections through my bum wth IUI. I also have to have 4 blood tests throughout :? :?
sara05

Postby DebraP » Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:35 pm

see Sara? I'm of zero help :oops: we don't use any of the same meds. I forgot to say my HCG booster is Profasi and following ET, I have to use Crinone pessaries.

I'm sure someone with more relevant feedback can help.

good luck
Debra.
Me: 44, DH: 31
Game Over.
Dates: Aug 02 - May 06
Tries: 5 fresh + 4 frozen.
Results: 1 daughter, 2 m/c, 1 ectopic.
DebraP
Valued Contributor

Postby Sand » Fri Aug 26, 2005 9:40 pm

Hi Sara ..

Each clinic uses a different regime, therefore it makes it a little more difficult for us to compare ...

Cyclogest .. They are progestoroene .. I used them after I had had embryo transfater, and was waitinng for the 2 week period to see if it had worked (2ww)

Buserelin - I used this to downreg for all 3 of my cycles. For the first 2 cycles, I didn't have any sides effects at all. On the last cycle, I had terrible headaches

I didn't use Meopur, but used a different stim drug - Merional

Then I used Pregnyl (which is an HCG) 36 hrs before EC (egg collection). This releases your eggs ready for egg collection 36 hours later.

The Doxyclicline is an antibitiotic they give you after EC to ward off any infections. I've had Doxycline after last 2 ECs ..

Whatever questions you have, it's V. likely someone here has live through it ... !

Good luck !

Sandra x
Me 41 yrs old - dh 49 yrs old. ttc 110 yrs.
1st cycle (ICSI)....Mar 04 -ve.
2nd cycle (ICSI)....Aug 04 -ve.
3rd cycle FET........May 05 -ve.
4th cycle (ICSI) ... Feb 06 -ve
5th cycle FET ..... Feb/Mar 11
Sand
Board Veteran

Return to Introductions