IVF-Infertility.com home

Hello all

For new members wanting to introduce themselves.

Hello all

Postby indiana » Sat Aug 27, 2005 1:05 pm

Hello everyone,
Im new to these boards but have been on similar adoption boards. We have just been turned down for adoption because i suffer with panic attacks, although i havent had any for over 12 months.
So my Dh and i have decided to go back to Ivf. We had one failed cycle 6 years ago. Im 32, Dh 37. I had one tube removed 7 years ago but other one is Knacked too.
No doubt i will post plenty of questions in the next few months.
Hope i dont bore you all silly.
Indi.xx
indiana

Postby Sand » Sat Aug 27, 2005 3:44 pm

Hi Indi .. Welcome to the Site. Sorry your adoption plans have been scuffled. Have you decided yet when you will cycle ?

Sandra x
Me 41 yrs old - dh 49 yrs old. ttc 110 yrs.
1st cycle (ICSI)....Mar 04 -ve.
2nd cycle (ICSI)....Aug 04 -ve.
3rd cycle FET........May 05 -ve.
4th cycle (ICSI) ... Feb 06 -ve
5th cycle FET ..... Feb/Mar 11
Sand
Board Veteran

Postby DebraP » Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:14 pm

Hi and welcome. You'll see various groups over on the General Forum, some age groups chat together, others if they are having donated eggs/sperm etc. there are also monthly groups of women all going through tmt together. As soon as you know when you'll start your next cycle, look for a thread called something like October Buddies (or Novemebt, December etc). There are also threads called August Limbo for people waiting for their next tmt to begin.

Not sure what books you've already got but one I recommend highly is Fertility & Development by Zita West. You'll see it mentioned on here quite a lot. She has a lot of advice on how to prepare for tmt - nutrition, physically, vitamins etc. + goes into detail on how the different procedures work, if it all seems like a long time ago.

Good luck
Debra.
Me: 44, DH: 31
Game Over.
Dates: Aug 02 - May 06
Tries: 5 fresh + 4 frozen.
Results: 1 daughter, 2 m/c, 1 ectopic.
DebraP
Valued Contributor

Postby indiana » Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:14 pm

we only decided to try again today and as its bank holiday i will have to wait until tuesday to see our Gp. I havent got a clue how long refferals will take. Because we live in cornwall the chances of getting it nhs are extremely unlikely, so we are going the expensive route from the off.
Im just really desperate to get ithe process moving in the right direction. so the sooner the better. We changed our diet and lifestyle months ago in prep for adopting. so all should be ok.
indiana

Postby NickiMark » Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:09 pm

Hi Indi!!

Welcome aboard!!! Hope we can offer you help here!!!
Ive had 2 failed iui's we very unsure what to do next.....iui?? ivf?? or even adopt??

Panic attacks? My dh suffers them. It's not nice. I understand. does that make a difference when u adopt then??

See u about.... x xx
TTC 6yrs......Have jumped off the rollercoaster for now, too many BFN's and too much heartache, to keep going....Moving on to fulfil other dreams!!!
NickiMark
Board Veteran

Return to Introductions