IVF-Infertility.com home

Going to give it another try!!!

For new members wanting to introduce themselves.

Going to give it another try!!!

Postby Nicky Hampshire » Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:03 am

Hi everyone, well we went to the clinic yesturday and they have advised us to go for a fresh cycle again as we only have two frozen embryo's. I am very unsure of what to do as I suffered with OHSS with my first fresh cycle and am worried as to wether I will get it again. The clinic have said that they will do a "Step down procedure" this time. I have not heard of this procedure and what it means? I have also been told to wait until I have had a period, then start the process on my next one which should be end September. They have said to try and not get stressed about it, but it is hard not to! I tried accupuncture with my last cycle, but am thiniking about reflexology aswell this time. Have any of you had experience of reflexology and do you think it is any good?. If you have what time during your treatment is it best to have it? I had six lots of accupuncture during the lead up to egg implantation and then one the day after egg implantation, and it seamed to help with my relaxation and stress levels more than anything. Has any one found it benificial?
Take care everyone and hope you are all keeping positive!
Nicky Hampshire xxx
1ST IVF cycle, due to Husband having Vasectomy in previous relationship. He had sperm aspiration and we then had ICSI etc.
Had two eggs put back on 22/07/05 and have pos.preg.test but have since lost them.
Nicky Hampshire

Sponsor

Postby Smita » Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:13 pm

Hi Nicky,
Cant help with the accu or reflexology information, but just wanted to wish you loads of luck for this End september cycle of yours!Lots of girls on the gen forum have found accu helpful..

Hope you get totally de-stressed and give it your best shot! :D
Good Luck,
Cheers,
Smita
me-32, dh 40
ttc 4+ years
4 failed IUI's
1st ICSI +ve 17/6/05:)
Baby girl Dhruvaa born on 14/02/06
Smita
Valued Contributor

Postby gailp » Mon Aug 29, 2005 3:10 pm

Hi Nicky,

Which clinic are you going to? Ive got OHSS at the moment and i didnt even get to ET but I do have 9 frozen embryos so will be going for FET November December time. I was told by my clinic the Wessex that if I did ever have a fresh cycle again they would put me on a very low dose and build me up gradually and monitor me a lot. They did also say that the FET would be much better for me because it wouldnt invole my ovaries.

I have had both accupuncture and reflexology, out of the two I found reflexology more relaxing at the time but didnt feel that it kept me relaxed, however I didnt like accupuncture being done but I felt relaxed for days afterwards.

Good luck with whatever you decide.
me 38 DH 43 TTC 7.5 yrs. 1st IVF June 05 ended in severe OHSS never made it to ET. FET Nov 05 -ive. FET April 06 -ive FET June 06 OMG BFP
gailp
Regular

Postby crasmus » Mon Aug 29, 2005 6:52 pm

hi there nicky--

the step down approached has worked well, as far as not getting bad OHSS.... i get some for of ohss every time.... what they do is start you on a higher dose then lower it after 3 days, then lower it again.... (well that is what they do for me) that way your body stops trying to produce more little follicals which most of the time cause the OHSS.... hope that it works out, and good luck!!!
colleen
ImageImage
crasmus
Regular

Postby Nicky Hampshire » Wed Aug 31, 2005 1:56 pm

Hi I am going to the Wessex, is your clinic in Southampton, if so then it is the same one. They are really nice there and I would recommend them to others. The clinic have told me that I have to have a normal period before I can start the cycle at Septembers period, but have yet to come on. :? After suffering OHSS, and then loosing the pregnency, I have found that when I ovulated recently that it was very painful and had to drink planty to relieve it again. ( Just to warn those of you who are suffering OHSS)
I have decided to have accupuncture again when I start as it does help, especially if you cut out caffein as it stops the headaches. It also worked wonders with my hayfever.
Hope you are all relaxed and thinking positive, like I am trying to. Catch up soon. :)
Nicky Hampshire x
1ST IVF cycle, due to Husband having Vasectomy in previous relationship. He had sperm aspiration and we then had ICSI etc.
Had two eggs put back on 22/07/05 and have pos.preg.test but have since lost them.
Nicky Hampshire

Postby gailp » Wed Aug 31, 2005 2:02 pm

Im at the Wessex as well Nicky. Might see you there one day :D

Im still in quite a lot of pain from my OHSS, im still signed off work and its been four weeks now, it seems never ending. How long did yours last :?:

Hope your AF arrives soon so that you can get on with your next cycle, the waiting is horrible.
me 38 DH 43 TTC 7.5 yrs. 1st IVF June 05 ended in severe OHSS never made it to ET. FET Nov 05 -ive. FET April 06 -ive FET June 06 OMG BFP
gailp
Regular

Return to Introductions