IVF-Infertility.com home

ICSI 2nd time round

For new members wanting to introduce themselves.

ICSI 2nd time round

Postby em » Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:03 pm

Hello all of you bright and brave girls, what amazing words i have read over the last few days. I am hoping for some encouragement regarding 2nd attempts at ICSI. At my first attempt, I had 5 eggs all of which fertilised, but the 2 best failed to implant. Of course, as many of you know, it was devastating.
I am now gearing myself up for preparing for round two. Is it common for 1st time to fail, and you are one of the lucky ones should it work first time around, or am i just consoling myself with false information? I guess i am just looking for 2nd ICSI +ve experiences, if there are any of you out there whose first attempt failed at the implantation stage. In the meantime, i will try and post some wisdom out there by means of thanks!
Very best wishes to you all
em

ME: 32
PARTNER: 33 (severe male factor)
1st ICSI -ive (August 05)
2nd ICSI (November 05)
em
em

Postby LittleP » Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:25 pm

Em

Welcome to the site and tons and tons of luck with this round.

It is certainly not unusual for the first treatment to fail, so try not to worry to much and certainly don't throw in the towel just yet!!!

Come and join the threads on the General Forum and talk to other girls who are currently going through treatment. Do you know when you next treatment will start? There are threads current running for September, October and November so do join in and meet the others.

I wish you loads and loads of luck.

Little P
LittleP
Board Veteran

Postby souris » Sun Oct 02, 2005 4:16 pm

Hi Em,

I am 23, my 2nd ICSI attempt is planned for January (what a long time to wait!!) My first attempt was in April, so i cannot wait for the new year to come!
Out of 11 eggs (I know, it was easter time!), only 3 fertilised. And none of the three that were transfered survived... :cry:

But I am ready to go through it again I just have to be patient now, which is the difficult part!.

Good luck to you, be positive!
xxx
souris
souris
Regular

Return to Introductions