IVF-Infertility.com home

High HCG Low Progesterone

For new members wanting to introduce themselves.

High HCG Low Progesterone

Postby miracleshappen » Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:25 am

Thank you Jackie for your kind words. I went to the doctor for my blood test today and the pregnancy was confirmed. However, my HCG level is at 2000, should be 1000 for this early on, and my progesterone level was 8.6, up 3.6 since Friday, and it should be 20. The doctor put me on something similiar to progesterone, perinium I think. I am scared. She suspects multiples because I was on clomid and we saw at least two follicules on the right ovary, didn't ever find the left one. Does anyone have experience with these issues? Please help, I am scared.
miracleshappen

Postby Smita » Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:03 am

CONGRATULATIONS!!
Come over to the other side or the general forum..

smita
me-32, dh 40
ttc 4+ years
4 failed IUI's
1st ICSI +ve 17/6/05:)
Baby girl Dhruvaa born on 14/02/06
Smita
Valued Contributor

Postby DebraP » Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:25 am

Hi, the last person to have seemingly very high levels and was worried about triplets (having had 3 embies transferred back) is happily pg with a singleton! There's nothing you can do about the situation for a while so you can only breathe deeply, take some gentle, calming exercise (aka. walks!), enjoy being pregnant and wait for the scan - I know, I know easier said than done.

Forgive me if you meant to start a new thread to reply to Jackie, but if you want to continue an existing conversation, you need to click 'Post Reply' whilst in that thread.

Like Smita said, you might want to join the chat on the General Forum in fact someone started a thread last night for people waiting for their first scan - it's called 'Would this be ok?'. You're not alone :)

Debra.
Me: 44, DH: 31
Game Over.
Dates: Aug 02 - May 06
Tries: 5 fresh + 4 frozen.
Results: 1 daughter, 2 m/c, 1 ectopic.
DebraP
Valued Contributor

Return to Introductions