IVF-Infertility.com home

Anyone Like Me?

For new members wanting to introduce themselves.

Anyone Like Me?

Postby Inhale, Exhale » Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:26 pm

Hello everyone! I am new to this site (a Fertility Friend escapee after they decided to charge for the message boards- like I don't have enough to pay for?) I will give you my "Fertility Challenged" run down- I am 28, DH 29. We have been trying for 2 years. I have had 2 surgeries for endo- right tube removed from right ovary- and we have decided to "go all in", skip IUI and head right to IVF. (typical story, great insurance unless it is for infertility) Is there anyone here who has a similar story? Under 30, endo and IVF? I begin the Gonal F on Sunday! I am surprisingly excited. I usually try to stay neutral- self preservation and all. But, like I said- we listened to our instincts and we are going for it.
Steph
Inhale, Exhale
Regular

Postby Cla » Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:40 pm

Hi Steph - welcome! I'm a fairly newie to this site also. Eveyone is amazing. Between them I think that nearly all scenarios are covered so I'm sure there's someone out there in the same situation. I can't help unfortunately with the endo. I'm "unexplained".
I know what you mean about being excited. I was more excited than scared - even the injections didn't put me off!!
Whilst some people do look at this board, you may want to post the same message on the general forum. There are a lot more people who check those out so you're more likely to get a response. This seems to be the first of many bits of advise you get here!!!!!!
Good luck with it all
Cla
xx
Me: 35 DP : 38
1st time IVF - Aug/Sept 05 -ve
FET - Jan 06 - BFP!!!
Cla
Regular

Postby DebraP » Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:03 pm

Hi Steph, and Welcome :D

Over on the General Forum you'll find 2 chat groups (at least) that you'll fit straight into. There's the Under 30s and the September (or October) Buddies. There's no specific group for endo but many people on here have it so you'll undoutedly run into a few during your travels.

Good luck
Debra.
Me: 44, DH: 31
Game Over.
Dates: Aug 02 - May 06
Tries: 5 fresh + 4 frozen.
Results: 1 daughter, 2 m/c, 1 ectopic.
DebraP
Valued Contributor

Postby Inhale, Exhale » Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:24 pm

Thanks Cla and Debra!
Inhale, Exhale