IVF-Infertility.com home

Advise Pls - (1) Private Clinic for IVF (2)Have u had a Lap

For new members wanting to introduce themselves.

Advise Pls - (1) Private Clinic for IVF (2)Have u had a Lap

Postby Pat19 » Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:49 pm

Hi Girls,

Hope u r all well and in good health.

Well as for me, I need to get myself back into gear after a failed ivf a few months ago :(

I need some help and advise. My first ivf was free on the NHS, now I would like to try again, but need to go private, can any of u girls give me some advise on picking a clinic, any websites or useful inform I need to know.

I'm in the Essex area so if any of you have been to any in this area, some feedback on them would be good.

Also have any of u had a Lap done, and do they put u to sleep when it's done and does it hurt afterwards, it's just the thought of having something put into my belly button makes me go cold.

Thanks Girls
Pat
x
Pat19
Regular

Postby DebraP » Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:31 pm

Hi Pat,

1. Try www.hfea.gov.uk which has all the UK clinics listed, their stats/success rates etc. You can always post a more detailed question on the General Forum, eg. 'Feedback wanted on clinics in N. Essex?' etc.

2. If you have a lap I think you'll always be under full GA as they don't insert the camera via your belly button but via a small surgical incision very close to it, so close that you can't see the scar usually. I've had two, one only 4m ago and there's just a small red mark left now. Thinking about it, I guess with a very heavy local, someone could be awake through it, but I've never heard of this (doesn't mean it's not true!).

good luck
Debra.
Me: 44, DH: 31
Game Over.
Dates: Aug 02 - May 06
Tries: 5 fresh + 4 frozen.
Results: 1 daughter, 2 m/c, 1 ectopic.
DebraP
Valued Contributor

Postby Luellie » Sat Oct 01, 2005 4:15 pm

Hi Pat

I've had two Laps. I'm sure you'll be asleep when you have yours. As for afterwards - After the first one I was in bed for a week on painkillers as they put gas in you and it gathers between your shoulder blades which was quite painful but not really any pain in my stomach. The second one I didn't have pain between my shoulders but my stomach hurt and I was on painkillers for another week. The barmaid in my local pub had a Lap and was back serving behind the bar the same evening!

Ellie
Me 34, DP 46.
1st attempt at IVF Nov 05
Luellie

Postby AJ » Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:04 pm

hi Pat,

I am also from Essex, and depending what part of essex you are in there are 3 clinics that I know of.

I am currently at the Essex fertility Centre in Holly House Hospital in Buckhurst Hill. This is my first attempt at IVF and so far i cannot fault them. I feel very relaxed and they answer any questions that I have. They also came 4th in the 'league tables' in the UK and they do blastocyst transfers, which I wanted to attempt.

Also in Essex there is the Brentwood Fertility Centre and there is Isis fertility centre in Colchester. I do not have any experience of these but I suppose location counts so if you are Colchester way then that might be worth looking into.

Hope that helps and good luck,

Anna
Me 28 DH 29
PCOS
1 ds conceived naturally
ttc 3yrs
ivf sept/oct 05 - BFP, Twins!!!

AJ

Postby Smita » Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:26 am

Hi Pat,
I've had 2 laps as well,
Couldn't feel anything during the procedure as I was on Gen. Anasthesia, but there was some pain the following 3-4 days due to the Gas like everyone has said,but not unbearable or anything.
Good Luck!

smita
me-32, dh 40
ttc 4+ years
4 failed IUI's
1st ICSI +ve 17/6/05:)
Baby girl Dhruvaa born on 14/02/06
Smita
Valued Contributor

Return to Introductions