IVF-Infertility.com home

Hello

For new members wanting to introduce themselves.

Hello

Postby klf » Sun Oct 09, 2005 6:46 pm

Hi,

my husband and i are just about to start ICSI treatment and to be really honest i am scared.

We have went through all the tests to see what was the best treatment and ICSI is recommended.

We both want this but i am scared of building my hopes up. Not many people know about this and as we reach the important stages it is getting more difficult to hide my anxiety and worry.

I hope by joining here that i can relate to people who have been through this or are still going through this.
I an new to this treatment and would like to hear about other peoples experiences.
klf

hi

Postby donna99 » Sun Oct 09, 2005 6:55 pm

hi you can ask me any question as after 4 years of treatments im quite an expert...1 cancelled iui due to over stimulated, 1 cancelled ivf due to the same, 2 failed iuis, 3 failed ivfs, 1 natural conception resulting in miscarriage....feeling lowest day ever in my life today! i only have mild endometriosis too! you are right to join this site as it may have helped me earlier too! xxx
donna99
Regular

Postby DebraP » Sun Oct 09, 2005 7:44 pm

KLF, Hi and welcome. There's a wealth of experience and knowledge on here, sad but true.

Have a look over on the General Forum and you'll find an ICSI chat group as well as a 'November buddies', these are people about to start treatment too.

It helps so much to share worries and concerns. As you've already seen from Donna's reply, just ask!

If you want, go into Profile and add a little more info to help people understand your background without you having to explain it in every new thread you post in. Perhaps age, location, ttc history?

Good luck
Debra.
Me: 44, DH: 31
Game Over.
Dates: Aug 02 - May 06
Tries: 5 fresh + 4 frozen.
Results: 1 daughter, 2 m/c, 1 ectopic.
DebraP
Valued Contributor

Postby Sand » Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:48 pm

Hi KLF .. Just a quick post to say Hello and Welcome to the Site. It's only natural to feel anxious about the unknown. Arm yourself with info - be it asking questions on this site, or reading up (Zita West's books are recommended by many).

As you learn more about the process and speak to others, you'll feel a little more confident.

Good luck

Sandra x
Me 41 yrs old - dh 49 yrs old. ttc 110 yrs.
1st cycle (ICSI)....Mar 04 -ve.
2nd cycle (ICSI)....Aug 04 -ve.
3rd cycle FET........May 05 -ve.
4th cycle (ICSI) ... Feb 06 -ve
5th cycle FET ..... Feb/Mar 11
Sand
Board Veteran

Return to Introductions