IVF-Infertility.com home

2nd Time now trying icsi

For new members wanting to introduce themselves.

2nd Time now trying icsi

Postby Dibsy » Fri Oct 14, 2005 3:50 pm

:)
Hello this is my first time on this Forum, I would like to say hello to everyone,
I have already had my first IVF but unfortunatly i was unsucessful, i had 6 eggs taken and not one ferterlised so now have the option of ICSI, I start this in 2 months as they say i need a break from the first lot of IVF as it has been very stressful, I was completly gutted after hearing about the disapointment of my first IVF treatment not working i am worried because not one egg got ferterlised this may happen with the ICSI treatment, I was wondering if anyone out there is in the same vote, The reasons why i have had the IVF treatment is i was trying for a baby for 5 yrs and nothing was happening, I do suffer from endometriosis but the doctors have said this is nothing to do with why i have'nt fallen pregnant they can't give me a reason why it has'nt happened so as far, So its very frustrating not knowing the reasons why it is not happening as far as they can tell we are both fine and healthy,
If anyone has any advise they can give me please let me know, I have been dealing with this just with my husban and we are both finding it very hard,
Look forward to hearing from anyone

Dibsy
Dibsy

Sponsor

Postby Sand » Fri Oct 14, 2005 5:03 pm

Hi Dibsy ... Welcome !

I'm sorry to hear your first cycle didn't produce any embryos. That must have been heartbreaking after going through a full cycle.

My advise would be to make sure both of your bodies are as fit and healthy as possible before you embark on your next cycle. You certainly need 2 months break - many clinics advise 3 full AFs (periods) before the next fresh cycle. In fact - it takes 100 days for sperm to fully develop. Many of us read Zita West (she has a couple of books out - 'Fertility and Conception' being the one most of us have). She gives great advice on how to optimise your chances of conceiving (how to improve the sperm, your eggs, and to provide a nourishing womb).

Re your question about whether ICSI will work ? The reason your doc's said ICSI is to give the spermies a helping hand. The chosen sperm will actually be injected into your egg to aid fertilisation. The process will give the best possible chance - but a careful diet, lifestyle etc will also go a long way.

Best of luck

Sandra x
Me 41 yrs old - dh 49 yrs old. ttc 110 yrs.
1st cycle (ICSI)....Mar 04 -ve.
2nd cycle (ICSI)....Aug 04 -ve.
3rd cycle FET........May 05 -ve.
4th cycle (ICSI) ... Feb 06 -ve
5th cycle FET ..... Feb/Mar 11
Sand
Board Veteran

Postby k » Sat Oct 15, 2005 8:56 am

Hi Dibsy

Welcome to the site! We had half IVF/half ICSI. We were using sperm frozen prior to my DH's chemotherapy. The embryologist said it looked very good, better than some donor sperm. I had 12 eggs and wasnt told that anything was wrong with them. None of our 6 IVF fertilised. 4 of our ICSI did and I am now nearly 27 weeks pregnant with one! Sometimes there arent any answers for why fertilisation doesnt take place (as in our case). Its very frustrating. I know we were lucky we had ICSI as well.
Good luck with your future treatment!
Love Kim
Me 36 DH 33 Male factor due to chemotherapy. IVF\ICSI May 05 +ve.
Jenna Grace born 19.1.06 then natural BFP!
Nathan Alexander born 2.10.08
k
Regular

Postby souris » Sat Oct 15, 2005 2:23 pm

Hi Dibsy and welcome!

I am sorry to hear about your IVF... But keep good faith for the ICSI, as Sand said, it give a big for the chosen sperms (and they make sure to chose the bests ones!) I am sure you will have some nice embies!

My hubby sperm is not really good, and out of 11 eggs, 3 fertilised, thanks to ICSI, it would not have happened with an IVF...
I have no fertilty problems/difficulties but none of the 3 embies transfered survived... It was really hard because my doc was very confident it would work and so was I... My next ICSI is planned for mid Jan, I cant wait.

Good luck!
take care
xxx
souris
souris
Regular

Thankyou

Postby Dibsy » Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:58 am

:lol: Thankyou all very much to who has replied,
I feel loads better knowing there is people i can talk to its not as stressful having to deal with it on my own, I wish everyone good luck and i will keep my fingers crossed for everyone, I will keep you posted on my treatment which starts in 2months which i am now very excitied about,

A Big Thankyou

Dibsy
Dibsy

Postby LittleP » Tue Oct 18, 2005 7:22 am

Dibsy

Welcome - I'm sorry about your previous cycle, I can totally understand what a blow that would have been.

Take this time before starting your next treatment to have a bit of a pamper time, relaxation and spoil yourself in preparation. Looking forward to seeing you here in 2 months.

Good luck

Little P
LittleP
Board Veteran

Postby souris » Tue Oct 18, 2005 6:49 pm

Hi Dibsy,

Do you know exactly when you are gonna start your next TmT?
I will start my 2nd round ICSI around 20th Jan and it would be nice t have the tMT at the same time! But I think you are going to start sooner no??

Take care
Souris
Me 27, DH 55
04/ 05 ICSI -tive 02/06 ICSI. No fertilisation
09/ 06 ICSI. BFP!!! M/C at 12 weeks.04/07 ? ICSI -tive
04/08 ICSI BFP!!! M/C at 12 weeks
Feb 09 6th ICSI has started! neg
June 09 7th ICSI. Please make it happen!!
souris
Regular

Return to Introductions