IVF-Infertility.com home

Hi, 2nd try at IVF.... (with high fsh)

For new members wanting to introduce themselves.

Hi, 2nd try at IVF.... (with high fsh)

Postby luby » Tue Nov 01, 2005 2:08 pm

Hi everyone

I am 25, my partner is 34, we have been together for 5 years. I knew I wouldn't be able to concieve naturally at the age of 18, I was told my tubes were badly scarred, this news was very devasting as all I new I wanted oneday was a family.

We went through our first cycle of IVF in June 05, with a FSH level of 13.5, I was told I was pre menopausel and I probably wouldn't do very well with the cycle, not very nice or encouraging to hear, but we went ahead anyway, having to fund this ourselves as we didn't qualify on the nHS as my partner has a son who is 10 yrs old. Anyway we did very well on my first cycle, I got 10 eggs, 6 fertilized, 2 were implanted back into me but unfortunely non were good enough to freeze, I waited the longest the 2 weeks of my life to hear the news and to my amazement it was POSITIVE, I really couldn't believe it as I had sort of set myself up for it to be negative, but unfortunately I miscarried at 3 weeks.

So here we are again, I am day 8 of stim drugs, but had blood work done at the beginning of this treatment ad my FSH has shot right up to 23.7, the doctor didn't want to go through with the treatment as didn't think I would do well again, but after them saying that last time and me getting a spostive result, I just knew I had to do it again, so I went for my scan this morning and I have 8 follies, I have to go for another scan tomorrow, may be going for EGG Collection Friday or Saturday. I have everything crossed that this will work.

Has anyone on here got a positive result with high FSH levels.?

I wish everyone well and all the best in IVF treatment and may all your dreams come true.

Lucy
luby
Regular

Postby Cla » Tue Nov 01, 2005 2:59 pm

Hi Lucy!
Welcome to the site! If you pop over to the general forum there is a thread there called "high FSH/Poor responders" which would be useful for you to join in. There is also the "November buddies" one where those actually going through treatment do so together.
Good luck!
Cla
xx
Me: 35 DP : 38
1st time IVF - Aug/Sept 05 -ve
FET - Jan 06 - BFP!!!
Cla
Regular

Postby LittleP » Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:54 pm

Hi Lucy

Welcome to the board and tons of good luck wishes with this treatment.

Do come and join the threads on the General Forum when you feel ready.

Little P
LittleP
Board Veteran

Thanks

Postby luby » Tue Nov 01, 2005 6:07 pm

Hi Cla and Little P

Thank you for replying, thank you Cla for the thread name I have had a quick look, will look at it more when I have a bit of time.

Thank you both again for the welcome, no doubt be speaking with you both again soon.

Lucy
luby
Regular

Postby Sand » Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:06 pm

Hi Lucy - Glad you've found us. Sorry you're last +ve didn't work out, but good to hear you're back in the midst of the saddle ! Best of luck for your EC. You must also (if you haven't done already) join the Nov cycle buddy thread on the General Forum.

Good luck !

Sandra x
Me 41 yrs old - dh 49 yrs old. ttc 110 yrs.
1st cycle (ICSI)....Mar 04 -ve.
2nd cycle (ICSI)....Aug 04 -ve.
3rd cycle FET........May 05 -ve.
4th cycle (ICSI) ... Feb 06 -ve
5th cycle FET ..... Feb/Mar 11
Sand
Board Veteran

Return to Introductions