IVF-Infertility.com home

Clock ticking

For new members wanting to introduce themselves.

Clock ticking

Postby Pye » Sat Oct 29, 2005 1:59 pm

Hi

Not really sure why I've logged on to this site and probably shouldn't have done. After reading some of your messages I'm not sure I have a problem at all and I feel quite guilty about even putting my story up here.

I've had two miscarriages in the past and had convinced myself that having children wasn't part of my future; I thought I'd come to terms with this. I've been single for last 8 years following an abusive marriage and whilst I've dated during this time they were never going to lead to a future. I've had times when I've wanted a child but have pushed this back down and focussed on spending time with my niece & nephew and pursuing a career. I'm currently on a form of chemotherapy which obviously affects my fertility and added into that is the fact I'm 38. Earlier this year I had to have treatment for precancerous cells following a smear (not really a problem I know) but I'm worried it's taking any chance I have away. Added to this is suddenly it seems everyone I know is having babies and I'm really pleased for them as some have been trying for years and had to go through the IVF process. This seems to have awakened my biological clock and I'm now contemplating trying for a baby, because of the pills I'm on I can't do anything about it for at least 8 months once the drug is out of my system. As I'm single I guess the only way would be to go for some donated sperm and I just wondered if anyone out there had either tried, is trying or know's someone who's done this and could let me know it this is a possible.

Thanks for any help you can give me and good luck to you all trying out there.

Pye
Pye

Postby Smita » Sat Oct 29, 2005 3:02 pm

Pye,
Welcome on here!
Just wanted to send you a hug for all that you've been through and are going through..
You will get your dream soon, just hang in there..
I'm not of help abt the donor sperm, just wanted to say you're not alone, we're here if you need to vent.
If you hang around, you'll get replies to your questions for sure.
Wishing you lots of luck,

smita
me-32, dh 40
ttc 4+ years
4 failed IUI's
1st ICSI +ve 17/6/05:)
Baby girl Dhruvaa born on 14/02/06
Smita
Valued Contributor

Postby donna99 » Sat Oct 29, 2005 3:04 pm

hi pye,

welcome to this site, and you ARE VERY WELCOME INDEED!

firstly, im sure youll make some great people here and receive support and much needed comfort!

i think that you are very brave to tell your story and you are certainly determined, thats half the battle with fertility im sure...

my story is very different to yours but im sure some emotions, hopes & fears are very similar....

you can read about me on the introductions page, one titled new to this site and another called getting through xmas & new year....

i am sorry i cant really give you any advice on donor sperm but im sure there are people with similar stories as yours, click onto the general forum for more advice....

just had to reply to you, take care be strong and really, never ever give up hope....

enjoy your evening, love donna99 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
donna99
Regular

Postby Sand » Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:58 pm

Hi there Pye

Welcome to the Site, and glad you've found us. It sounds like you have been through a lot already. Everyone's story is so different, but no less - our aim is the same.

I, too, have had a loop/cone biopsy for the precancerous cells following a smear test. I understand that this can hamper fertility.

I hope you find this Site supportive. Post your question on the General Forum where most girls read.

Sandra x
Me 41 yrs old - dh 49 yrs old. ttc 110 yrs.
1st cycle (ICSI)....Mar 04 -ve.
2nd cycle (ICSI)....Aug 04 -ve.
3rd cycle FET........May 05 -ve.
4th cycle (ICSI) ... Feb 06 -ve
5th cycle FET ..... Feb/Mar 11
Sand
Board Veteran

Return to Introductions