IVF-Infertility.com home

Newby and 1st IVF

For new members wanting to introduce themselves.

Newby and 1st IVF

Postby carbev » Sat Dec 03, 2005 8:15 am

Hi there,
I found this site yesterday and think it looks really helpfull. Nearly at the end of 2ww for our first IVF. Had 3 IUI before, one successful but mc at 8 weeks. The wait's a killer isn't it? - keep thinking I'm going to go mad, especially with all the hormones surging.
Fingers crossed for all you others in the same boat.

Caroline

Me 33
Better Half 35
English, living in Singapore
carbev
Regular

Sponsor

Postby AMck » Sat Dec 03, 2005 11:42 am

Hi Caroline and welcome to the site. The ladies here are great. Lots of support and advice coming your way.

Everyone here is (unfortunately) used to playing the waiting game...come and join us on the general forum. There is a thread for all on the 2ww.

Sorry to read about your m/c, good luck with the IVF, wishing you a BFP :D
Sending you baby dust and PMA

Bye for now

Anna
AMck
Valued Contributor

Postby NickiMark » Sat Dec 03, 2005 12:16 pm

Welcome!! hope that u find this site as great as i do. All the best xx
TTC 6yrs......Have jumped off the rollercoaster for now, too many BFN's and too much heartache, to keep going....Moving on to fulfil other dreams!!!
NickiMark
Board Veteran

Postby souris » Sat Dec 03, 2005 2:30 pm

Hi CAroline!

Welcome! yeah, the waiting is definitely the worst! But us ladies dont have the choice but to be patient!

I had my first IVF done abroad (my DH works as an expat) and I found it real difficult because of the language barrier and also the customs of the country (not explaining anything unless asked for...)
SO i hope it is easier for you, maybe you speak the lingo?

Finger crossed for the test date! Loads of baby dust!

Take care
souris
xxx
Me 27, DH 55
04/ 05 ICSI -tive 02/06 ICSI. No fertilisation
09/ 06 ICSI. BFP!!! M/C at 12 weeks.04/07 ? ICSI -tive
04/08 ICSI BFP!!! M/C at 12 weeks
Feb 09 6th ICSI has started! neg
June 09 7th ICSI. Please make it happen!!
souris
Regular

Thanks everyone

Postby carbev » Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:22 am

Hi there Anna, Nicki and Souris,

Thanks for making me feel so welcome - I didn't realise how many couples were going through the same thing until I started searching around the net. Your support is very much appreciated. Souris - you've obviously had similar cultural/lang barriers to ones I've faced. Singapore is an English speaking country, but the nuances of meaning vary and there have been a few occasions when I've been surprised and ultimately upset by the lack of information provided about procedures and what to expect. One example was after my m/c, the doc told us that it is perfectly possible for couples to conceive naturally even before next period. He didn't however tell us that HCG levels would take a long time to drop, or when next period would be due. Four weeks later I did another pg test, convinced I was +ve, and when I rang the surgery elated, he asked me 'why on earth I thought I could be pregnant again so soon?' Was very distressing, but now am learning to question everything and take nothing for granted.

2 days to blood works and feeling positive.

Take care

Caroline x
carbev
Regular

Postby Smita » Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:47 am

Caroline,
Welcome!!
Join the general forum and the thread called 'for those on the 2ww' - it'll help you while away time.. though you dont have much longer to go until your positive huh :D ??
Good Luck!

smita
me-32, dh 40
ttc 4+ years
4 failed IUI's
1st ICSI +ve 17/6/05:)
Baby girl Dhruvaa born on 14/02/06
Smita
Valued Contributor

Postby carbev » Mon Dec 05, 2005 4:59 am

Thanks Smita - will do

Caroline x