IVF-Infertility.com home

Merry Christmas....

Forum for those who have undergone successful treatment, and wish to share their experiences of parenthood.

Merry Christmas....

Postby DebraP » Sat Dec 24, 2005 11:10 am

....to everyone and their miracle babies!

Have a wonderful day whether this is your first, second, third or more Christmas with a child.

Isn't this the epitome of what we always wanted???

Maya is now 2.5 and adores everything we're doing. The tree, carol service, advent calendar(s), songs, cards, decorations, cake and oh yes, the gifts! We celebrate today (24th) so the fun has begun early with her stocking, we've a HUGE snowfall right now on top of the enormous amounts we already had.

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

Christmas hugs
Debra
Me: 44, DH: 31
Game Over.
Dates: Aug 02 - May 06
Tries: 5 fresh + 4 frozen.
Results: 1 daughter, 2 m/c, 1 ectopic.
DebraP
Valued Contributor

Sponsor

Postby Jules R » Sat Dec 24, 2005 8:54 pm

HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

Have a wonderful Christmas with your little ones.

I'm very jealous of your snow, Debra, and of you starting Christmas early. It sounds like you and Maya have had a lovely time.

Daniel and Charlotte have put out reindeer food in the garden for Rudolph and their stockings are at the end of their beds. And for the first time I have the experience of having a child so excited that they can't sleep (I drove my Mum mad because I could never sleep on Christmas Eve) - Daniel's lying quietly awake in bed, bless him. I'm really looking forward to the morning and seeing their little faces.

Have a great day!

Jules
TTC 5 years. Daniel & Charlotte born 22.03.02, 1st ICSI treatment. TTC for 4 further years. 2nd ICSI cycle abandoned, 3rd cycle BFN. Looking forward to being a happy family of 4.
Jules R
Regular

Postby BelB » Sun Dec 25, 2005 12:46 am

Hey gals,
Debra, do you know, I was just thinking about you and Maya yesterday..wondering what you guys were up to..I love getting catch ups on our miracle babies, you know I need so little encouragement to join in!

We are currently down at mum and dad's in Sydney, the weather has been gorgeous, we've swum at the beach most days and Annie is just loving all of the attention that is being lavished upon her. She opened one of her presents this morning, an enormous white teddie bear that she just loved (though she was also rather fascinated by the tag on it's ear..what is that about??). She is so lovely. I get quite teary at times like this, never thinking we would be fortunate enough to have a child, then all of a sudden here we are with this little miracle. We have been richly blessed.

To all the other lucky mums, wishing you and your families a safe and joyous Christmas, and all the best for 2006.

Belinda
BelB
Regular

Postby bubblymichelle » Mon Dec 26, 2005 8:29 am

Hi All

Just want to see if you all had a nice Christmas and if you got all you asked for. Did you enjoy it with your little one/ones? What did they make of it all. Well it's Boxing Day and Alex didn't manage to open all his presents yesterday so I guess we will doing it today as well. Alex went with his Daddy yesterday for a few hours and then I went ovr my parents so I guess this is why he didn't manage to open everything.

Hope you all have a good day today.

Take Care
Shell.
xx
bubblymichelle
Valued Contributor

Postby BelB » Mon Dec 26, 2005 9:39 am

Hey Shell,
Sounds like Alex did really well with his haul of presents!!
How are you going?
Belinda
BelB
Regular

Postby bubblymichelle » Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:32 pm

Hi Bel

I am not to bad, Christmas was a little emotional to be honest it was the first time in 9 years that I was on my own Christmas. When I went in for the IVF I expected my husband to stand by me through it all which he did but then when Alex was 4 weeks old he decided to shit on me and go off with some slapper. It drives me mad that he was willing to throw away all that he had but at the end of the it's his loss, he regrets it all but its too late now there is no going back.

How are you doing?

What you got planned for the New Year?

Love
Shell.
xx
bubblymichelle
Valued Contributor

Postby BelB » Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:15 am

Hey Shell,

Christmas can be a really tough time, I'm sorry you are feeling low. I agree with you though, it is totally Lee's loss that he isn't around to share Alex's young life on a day to day basis. They change EVERY single day, and parents who see their kids only every now and then must miss out on so much. These are memories he can never get back either. His slapper won't be around for ever either, I really believe that what comes around goes around (karma), and she will move on to someone else sooner rather than later. I think some men think with the little head rather than the big head, sounds like he made a very shortsighted decision that he will already be regretting. Your little man Alex sounds incredibly well adjusted and happy and loved, that's a real credit to you Shell.

Annie and I are doing well, she is just beautiful Shell, her blonde hair is starting to curl at the back and she is terribly engaging (flirtatious actually!!). Johnie will go out NYE with his brothers and I'll be at home with Miss Annie. I don't mind at all to be honest, I'm not really into NYE in a big way. What are your plans??

Take care
Belinda
BelB
Regular

Postby Juliana » Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:21 pm

Hi Debra, Jules, Shell and Bel and all the friends out there,
I am late but wanted to wish you all the best for 2006, another year with our lovely little ones, which we are so lucky to have! We just had the best of holidays, a snowy Christmas in Bulgaria with DP, Nadia, Alex and my father, which was not even spoiled by Nadia getting some sort of measles, she and Alex enjoyed the attention so much and the cats and the dog! They got some fluffy animals as presents and many other things like first serious shoes, but like Annie they enjoyed the labels almost as much! The snow was a mixed success, Nadia liked it, Alex found it scary, he had a sensitive phase which did not prevent him from smiling at every friend an relative who came to admire him and Nadia! They are getting impossibly cute (I am biased of course), Alex with a head full of curls and Nadia less so, but with a great smile, she makes all kinds of faces, also a great scary one when she is not pleased. Bell, they run everywhere now, it happened so fast at the end of November! and they started with their first words, a mix of languages. Dp and I cannot beleive how lucky and happy we are with them. He told me recently he could not imagine not having twins even though he was quite apprehensive of having two when we started IVF. So all is well with us, more than I ever expected... and I wish you all healthy, happy kids!
love,
juliana
Juliana
Regular

Postby Jules R » Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:41 pm

Ah, Juliana, it all sounds magical! And what a lovely thing for your DP to say; we were talking the other day about how we couldn't remember our life without children which is amzing when you think of how long we all tried for our precious babies.

Take care.

Jules
TTC 5 years. Daniel & Charlotte born 22.03.02, 1st ICSI treatment. TTC for 4 further years. 2nd ICSI cycle abandoned, 3rd cycle BFN. Looking forward to being a happy family of 4.
Jules R
Regular

Return to Parents after treatment