Hi Everyone! Hope you all had happy Thanksgiving holidays!
- I would be so mad at DH for saying that. Still, it makes me wonder if it's just the kind of thing you say out of exhaustion and just being overly dramatic. It seems like the kind of thing that if you really meant it you actually wouldn't
say it, ya know? I don't know how you're doing it on your own so much. My dh has been good overall but I am shouldering most of the burden naturally and I have no patience for his complaints.
- Yay! Sounds like everything is perfect. I'm so happy for you!
- Ouch! Sorry about the toe! Evie started smiling, too. It's so amazing. I even managed to snap a pic of one smile but of course I snapped a bit too late and she just looks kinda drunk in the pic
- My dh gets cranky, too. Every time Evie is awake and cranky he thinks she must be hungry and tries to feed her. Then, he always is trying to get her back to sleep. Last night I told him that if she's awake the goal isn't automatically to get her back to sleep. Sometimes she should be up and if she cries she just wants us to change positions or walk around with her or something. He seemed frustrated so I told him that the reward for being a parent hasn't really started yet. Up to this point they take a lot and don't give much back but soon she'll be interacting and doing more smiling and laughing and that's when she'll give something to the relationship. I think this helped him with his frustration. And, I told him about what all the "girls on the message board" have been saying about their DH's and how everyone is cranky at this point so he wouldn't feel like it was just him. Sounds like a lot of us are having frustrated/cranky DH's at the moment.
- Man, that really sucks about the insurance. I hope it works out for you. I let DH deal w/all that stuff. He's in finance and has a much better head for those kinds of things anyway. I hate dealing w/that stuff so you have my sympathy.
- Sounds like he's gaining weight! That's great!
- You've finished all your Christmas shopping? I'm impresed!
Well, ladies, I'm about to get back on the fertility roller coaster. I have a phone appt w/my RE on Thursday. I'm both excited and afraid of what he might say. Round 1 was so drama-filled. I don't respond well to meds and that makes it all so much more stressful. And, as some of you may remember, we had to travel to Colorado to go to CCRM. On the cycle we conceived, my response was not good (only 2 follies were the right size) so it was doom and gloom until after retrieval when we got the fertilization report. They managaged to fertilize 5 of my 6 mature eggs and we made high quality embryos. Up to that point it didn't look like I would be successful. Now, a year older, I am so afraid of what they'll say and what my diagnostic work-up will reveal. Please pray for me.